PixieTen - Roller Skating

"Roller skating?" Tensei asked.

Tsuchikawa had come up to him with a flier as he was testing out his wheelchair, smiling brightly. He had greeted her with a just as bright smile, but it had quickly grown confused when it saw what was on the paper.

"Yup! I asked the doctor, and he said that it would be a great way for you to learn how to get better control when it comes to navigating your wheelchair!" She exclaimed, as Tensei hummed.

"But why roller skating?" He asked.

"I guess because it's fun, and also requires a lot of coordination to do. Besides, there are wheelchairs designed for roller skating." Tsuchikawa explained.

"I have heard of them." Tensei sighed. "Fine, but isn't it too early? I don't want some of the media to start getting all in my business."

Tsuchikawa grimaced. She knew the horrors of the media. Some of them were genuinely nice and curious, but most of them were just mindless vultures that would do practically anything to get famous and have a good paycheck. Her damn age didn't matter! She's 31 and still going strong, thank you very much! "Don't worry about that. I rented out the place for Tuesday next week."

"Alright then, let's see where it goes."

-

"Hello, and welcome to Sarania Skating Rink! You two must be here for the reservation Ms. Tsuchikawa made, yes?" The woman at the counter greeted them, smiling.

"Uh, yes actually. You have those wheelchairs made for roller skating, correct?" Ryuuko asked.

"We do, yes. We're actually one of the only skating franchises in the whole of Japan to offer this service. Is there a particular color you want?"

"Hm." Tensei hummed. "I guess a light blue color would be nice."

Ryuuko chuckled. "I thought you would have chosen dark blue, since it would match with your hair and eyes." She teased

"But light blue matches your outfit, so that people'll know I came with you." Tensei replied, smirking.

"I didn't know Ms. Tsuchikawa and Mr. Iida were dating! Choosing to match the other person is so very romantic!" The employee said, walking up to them as she brought along a wheelchair with her.

Both Tensei and Ryuuko spluttered at the admission, before falling into a stammering mess of "We're not-"s and "It's not-"s.

The worker giggled. "Oh, you don't have to deny it. I promise not to tell the media about your relationship. It's your choice if you want to make it public or not!"

She pushed the wheelchair towards them and smiled brightly. "Would you like me to help with the transfer, or would Ms. Tsuchikawa prefer to do it herself?" She asked.

"I'll do it myself." Ryuuko said quickly, not wanting the lady talking to them and possibly embarrassing her anymore.

"Alright then!" The employee smiled even brighter than before, and walked away.

"Do we actually act like a couple?" Tensei wondered aloud.

"Just don't think about it." Ryuuko sighed, as she helped Tensei to get into the other wheelchair.

-

"That was pretty fun." Tsuchikawa said, as they left the building.

"How about we do that again?" Tensei suggested.

"I'd be down for that."

"Then it's a date."

Ryuuko looked at Tensei incredulously. "A-A date?"

"A date."

"Why?"

Tensei gave her a deadpan look, as if the question she asked was very, very stupid. "Because I want to fuck you." He said sarcastically.

"Really?"

"No! Wait actually yeah, but that's not the point. I've liked you for a really long time now, so if you'll accept me and my paralyzed legs," Tensei gestured to his legs, "I promise you won't regret it."

"Sap." Ryuuko smiled. "But I like that about you."

"Is that a yes or...?"

"It's a yes."