AwaRin/RinWase - Drunk Confession

Awase gets drunk and reveals his feelings about Rin.

(Can I just say I love this ship and it is so underrated? Like I searched but it legit has no fics on AO3 nor Wattpad. And they're 21 in this. Slight sexual themes? It's talking about wet dreams but not in detail...)

Hiryu Rin, or better known as the Scale Hero: Dragon Shroud, sat on his living room couch. He was exhausted after finishing patrol less than 30 minutes ago, so he really needed time to unwind and cool off after such a stressful day. He had caught about 5 villains who were in a group. They were all amateurs, hence the reason why he could defeat them alone, but they were still serious pains in the ass. 

Having to write a report after and send it to police records was even more annoying. Rin understood the importance of paperwork, but that didn't mean he would like it any more than he had to.

As he turned on the television and changed it to his favorite Chinese channel, a shrill ringing sound was heard from his phone as a notification that someone was calling him. Checking his phone, Rin noticed the caller ID to belong to one of his friends, Awase Yosetsu.

Rin smiled softly at the name. It was no secret that he liked Awase- well, except to Awase himself, and Rin could already remember all the crazy antics that his other friends, Kaibara and Tsuburaba, would pull to try and get them together.

Snapping back to reality, Rin answered the phone and pressed it to his ear. "Hey Yosetsu!" he exclaimed. "What's up?"

"Well, you know how my birthday was last month, right?" Awase asks, excitement clear in his voice.

"Yes, I remember. Wasn't I the one who bought you the cake?" Rin responds teasingly, idly flicking through channels to serve as background noise to his call.

Rin can feel Awase's eye roll through the screen. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." His tone becomes more excited. "Okay so, Sen and Kosei and I were thinking that we could meet up later to get wasted now that I can drink legally. "

Rin shook his head, giving a short puff of laughter. "Didn't you already get wasted 3 weeks ago at the birthday party your agency threw you?"

"That doesn't count." Awase denies, and Rin can easily picture the pout he would have on his face.

"It does count if Kodai had to drive you home since you were too drunk to even walk properly." Rin counters, opting to just turn off the television. He'll need time to get ready so that he can meet up with his friends anyway.

"Whatever." Awase huffs. "I wanted to get wasted with you and the guys, is that a crime? We haven't been together as a group for like what? Since my birthday?"

"Calm down dude, I didn't say I'm not going. Just telling you now, I'm not drinking anything." Rin informs.

"Oh yeah, because of your Chinese traditions. Well, it's fine. We need someone to be the designated sober guy anyway."

"Ah yes, I can see it now. News channels with headlines all saying: 'Pro Hero Dragon Shroud watches as fellow Pro Heroes Welder, Spiral, and Aeris embarrass themselves in public." Rin says sarcastically.

"Calm down. It's not a very popular place, and it closes at 9. Lucky for us, I was able to get the owner to let us use it for a while."

"Uh huh."

"It's true!"

"I'll see you there then." Rin suddenly remembers something.

"When and where should I arrive?" Rin asks, getting up and heading to his bedroom to change.