EngineCloud/OboTen - Setting An Example

"Have you noticed something... off? About Tenya recently in your classes?" Tensei asked, propping his chin on his hand. He was seated at his desk as he scanned through the test papers his students had submitted to him hours before, during class.

"Not really. Sometimes he spaces out, but it's not too often." Shirakumo replied, adjusting his position on said desk, interfering with the papers stacked on it.

"Hey get off!" Tensei admonished, shooing Shirakumo off his desk, before turning back to his previous position. "We need to get to the root of this problem. Tenya never spaces out."

Shirakumo rolled his eyes. "What makes you think it's a bad thing?" The light blue haired male snickered. "Maybe the little guy's got a crush."

Tensei narrowed his eyes at his friend as he picked up the first paper, inwardly groaning at the multitude of wrong answers he could already see on the front page. "Tenya and crush in the same sentence don't belong together."

Shirakumo shrugged. "You never know, Tenya can be very unpredictable."

"We'll just have to find out, won't we?" Tensei responded sarcastically, already tired of the grading to come.

Shirakumo grinned, getting off the student table he had been lazily sitting on before. "Exactly! He's in both our classes, so we can watch him without being suspicious!"

"For the last time, Tenya doesn't have a crush!"

"I stand corrected." Tensei admitted, from where he and Shirakumo were hiding behind the lunch serving counter. Lunch Rush had been gracious enough to not ask them about it as they stared at where Tenya sat with Sero Hanta, a classmate of Tenya's and one of their students.

"What did I tell you? He's definitely blushing." Shirakumo added, giving a smug smirk.

"Then what do we do?" Tensei mused. "We have to help him somehow."

Shirakumo hummed in thought, before suddenly smiling, having found an answer. "Okay, so think about it. If Tenya has a crush and wants to confess, what better way to give him a boost than his big brother confessing to someone as well?"

Tense's cheeks turned red, mortified at having been found out. How did Shirakumo know he had a crush? Did he know it was on him? Oh All Might please no-

"So, you can just fake confess to me, and then I'll accept. And then we'll be like "See Tenya! There's nothing to be scared about when confessing!" and then boom! Tenya confesses and we break up a few weeks later." Shirakumo explained.'

Tensei blinked as he replayed what Shirakumo had just said, internally sighing in relief at his friend's obliviousness. "Alright. We'll do that."

"So what's the plan again?" Shirakumo asked. He was seated on one of his clouds inside the Iida estate with Tensei, going over their finished operation.

Tensei sighed. "We leave the door partly opened and wait for Tenya to pass by. Once he does, I do my whole 'confession'. He'll overhear, we pretend we noticed him, and then give him a pep talk. Then, Tenya'll realize what he needs to do and confess to Sero, and as you would say, 'boom!' Mission Success."

Shirakumo gave a thumbs up. "Let's do this!"

The two males began to engage in light conversation as they strained their ears to listen for Tenya's foosteps as he would pass Tensei's room to his. Soon enough, they heard them approaching, and Tensei began his practiced speech.

"Oboro?"

"Yeah Tensei?"

The two could hear Tenya stopping in front of the door, most likely intrigued by the serious tone of Tensei's voice. He was probably also debating on staying or leaving, since Tenya despised eavesdropping. Tensei needed to be quick.