ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

She's a mystery waiting to be solved

She's like a rose bush.

So incredibly beautiful yet so deceiving.

Such small thorns, yet so painful.

I vowed to solve her. And I will. It's just going to be a bit harder.

Diana Athena Sinclair.

Only we know her middle name. I'm not even sure if she knows it.

Athena is the goddess of wisdom and intelligence if you didn't already know.

Anyways, I finally have a mission.

My target is Hera Dimitri. She looks like the type of girl who wouldn't kill a fly.

This document obviously says otherwise.

She decided she wanted to be a suicide bomber and bombed the mall.

103 people dead. 20 injured. The pute {bitch} somehow manged to survive.

102 out of the 123 people affected were under 18.

She also happened to fatally injure someone close to our mafia. An associates daughter.

So when she gets discharged from the hospital, I'll be on the derelict apartment complex opposite her with my sniper, ready to kill her.

It's been a while since I've had a job due to the many family dinners we've been having. In a way, Diana has brought us closer.

We went from having a family dinner once a week to eating together almost every single day. We all want to make up for all the time we missed.

I can't even imagine what she went through. We're fairly familiar with how evil and toxic most foster homes can be.
And not because we've been to foster homes, but because of how many people have tried selling their fostered child to repay their debts to us.

Our mafia doesn't even associate with human trafficking. It's disgusting if you ask me. We are most known for our weapon dealing and drug business.

Our cover-up business is as expected, we own hotels and clubs. I would say we are quite famous.

Back to the topic, I ate dinner with the family as usual but excused myself earlier. Elijah, knowing why, let me go without question.

I got dressed in the usual all black clothing and made my way downtown.

I set up my sniper and opened up the Ace gave me, I saw the cameras following the route Hera would be taken out from and wait.

The waiting game can be very difficult and frustrating. It's why there isn't much snipers in our mafia. They have no patience.

You can't be impulsive. You have to wait for the perfect time before you pounce. One simple mistake and It's over.

A beep sounds from the laptop causing me to snap my head towards it. I see Hera in wheel chair, being pushed out by some security guards dressed in all black.