ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18

Sinclair Mansion

Sinclair Mansion

After we got home and got the house cleaned, I called everyone into my office for a chat.

Excluding Diana.

"What is this about?" Dante questions as he waltzes in.

Him being him decided to be "fashionably" late.

As always.

"We need to talk about Diana" I tell them as Dante takes a seat.

"I think we should tell her" Ace says.

"No. I won't let that happen" I reply.

"She's going to find out soon enough. At least she'll hear it from us." Dante states.

"No means no. I'm putting my foot down on this." I announce.

"Why don't you want her to know?"

"No reason"

"Just tell us. We won't judge"

I pause and think for a minute.

"Ace. When did you age find out about the mafia?" I sigh.

" I don't know, 13 I think" he replied.

"And was your childhood the same?"

"No. I guess not" he says while furrowing his eyebrows.

"I want Diana to be as normal as she can be. We can tell her later" I tell them.

"Well she's not normal. She's the French mafia princess for gods sake!" Dante exclaims.

"Just because we had a messed up childhood doesn't mean she has to have one to" I try not to loose my temper.

"What! You think her childhood wasn't messed up. Both you and I know exactly how cruel foster parents can be. I have no doubt that she went through something!" He pauses for a breather.

"We've all seen her nightmares. She looks like she's in so much agony. And that's our fault. If we had found her sooner she could have been normal!" He breaks down.

"You don't think I know that?! How helpless do you think I felt when I couldn't even track down a little girl! And trust me. I know that it's all my fault." I shout as tears roll down my cheeks.

Everyone stared in shock that I'm actually crying.

I hate being weak.

I storm out of the office and make my way to my room.

I feel like a moody teenager.

Unlike most mafia men, I don't drink away my problems or beat people up.

Okay the second one is not true at all.

I like reading or playing the piano.

Weak, I know trust me.

That's why I don't tell anyone.

I have a secret room in my bedroom.

It's a library/ music room.

It's walls are covers in the books I'm waiting to read and a piano sits in front of the floor to ceiling window.

I like sitting on the comfortable sofa and stare at the stars through the glass ceiling.

I really don't know how anyone hasn't seen it.

I pick up the book I'm reading right now.

It's about a couple who get lost in time. One of them travels to the Victorian era and the other is taken to a more futuristic world.

They can only communicate through a small dial phone.

It's very sad.

Once I get myself together, I waltz back into my office to do some work.

I find a note on my desk.

"If it was that easy to kidnap you. Imagine how easy it will be for me to end the Sinclair blood line.

Love you lots
Ivanov & Hill

Oh shit.

*^*^*^*^*
IM BERY SORREH I HAD  TOO.

Love UI <3