ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24

Once the sibling were armed with the weapons of their dead men, they had a look at their chance of winning

It really was not looking to good for them.

They had around 150 men still standing whereas the opposing side had a solid 200.

It was now or never

Immediately after stepping out from their safe place, a grizzly looking man jumped on Dante, making him fall to his knees.

A pained groan slipped through his dry lips as a blunt object collided with the crown of his head.

Getting back to his senses, he forcefully pushed back his head hitting the man dead in the nose.

However, Dante was still dizzy and wouldn't be able to fight the best of his ability.

Another Russian came to assist his friend, yanking Dante's charcoal black hair back and painfully kneed his face.

Diana, seeing this, runs up to the pair of Russian brutes and pounces on one of their backs.

She pulled out a karambit from the mans waist belt and stabbed him directly in the jugular.

Bulls eye.

She hops of the still warm body as it falls to its death.

She sliced the others throat making him choke and drown on his own blood.

The humid air stank of the metallic-maroon coloured liquid

Lifeless bodies scattered the crimson stained ground. 

I stared at our fallen soldiers who sacrificed their life's for us.

I couldn't help but think of their families.

whether r they had wives or children.

I grew up without a father and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

I had to learn how to do everything by myself.
Only having some maids assist me.

The last of our men were withering away.

Soon we were the only French and Italian being in the room.

We put up a good fight.

Only around 50 Irish-Russian soldiers remained and even those were injured.

Some more severe then others.

At the wave of Nicklaus' hand, the remaining men held us back, two soldiers for each person.

''Now, let's play a game. Yes that's a great idea'' Nicklaus clapped his hands at his own malicious thoughts.

He pulled a gun from his waistband and that's when i realised his games probably weren't going to be friendly.

''Your disgusting'' I spat as his men pushed me and Angelo to stand together.

All of us were held except Athena.

I give her a look and nod my head to the many weapons laying on the floor.

I know she is fully capable of shooting him, but she continues bawling her eyes out.

Once he made sure we were completely and utterly helpless, he gripped onto Athena's arm and dragged her in front of me and Angelo.

"Now then, Athena, it's nice to finally meet you." He greets.

"You have a choice. One of these two die." He looks between the two of us.

"You choose. You have three seconds."

"Three"

Athena stares at us both in panic.

"Two"

She looks around for some sort of help.

"One. Okay both of them it is."

"Diana" she blurts.

We all snap our heads to her.

I understand.

Nick looks between the both of us before shrugging and pointing his gun an me.

"Diana we are so sorry and we love you so much!" I hear Dante shout as I close my eyes.

The sound of my brothers sobbing and protesting against the men holding them back ring in my ears.

I take a deep breath and get ready to leave.

I open my eyes as Angelo stands in front of me to shield me from the flying bullet.

No!

As quick as I can, I spin is around, feeling that the men had left my sides and swap positions with him.

Two gunshots reverberate through my ears, one after the other.

"I love you" he admits as a dull pain emits through my kidney.

"I love you too" I whispered back.

Darkness seeps through my vision as the cries and screams of Athena and my brothers fade into nothingness.