ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

The sound of the door crashing open and a stampede of footsteps sounded through the packed halls

I sprang out of bed, knowing exactly what to do in a situation like this thanks to the training from Elijah.

I grab the closest weapon I can find which happened to be handgun and snuck towards Diana's room.

Her room was tidy apart from her unmade bed.

Ares was in his crate scratching at the lock frantically.

I wonder if he's trained?

I just decided to open the crate door before making my way to Darius room.

I see him tiptoeing towards my room with a handgun in one hand and a karambit in the other.

I silently walk behind him, not wanting to scare him but also not wanting to make any noise.

He placed the karambit on my neck before quickly withdrawing it when he saw who I was.

He dragged me to the closest soundproof closet/panic room.

"Are you okay?" We both ask at the same time.

"Ace and Roman have gone out and I have no idea where Elijah and Diana are" He tells me. "I've sent a read alert to Ace so he shouldn't come home and Roman shouldn't be back till later today."

"I know Elijah can handle himself but I'm not so sure about Diana. We need to go find her" I declare.

Please be okay

I have no idea what to do

Do I play it innocent.
Or should I be the hero.

I should probably focus on staying alive first.

A scuffling sound comes from the shadows.

Me and Elijah shot our heads towards the sound.
Elijah drew out his gun which I pretended I didn't see.

My guard went down when I saw Ares emerge from the dark. He immediately ran towards my legs and comforted me.