Chapter 5

Owen

              From the moment I picked her up, Grace kept me entertained. I can’t believe how easily a conversation can flow between the two of us. I have never felt so comfortable around a woman. She has a way of listening to you that makes you feel like the center of her world and it had been a long time since someone made me feel that important. I explained my life, the pack house, the different members of my family.

“So, you have two brothers?”

“Yes, Liam and Alex.”

“Are they older or younger?”

“I’m the oldest.”

“How many members belong to your pack?”

“Um… Just over five thousand now. We are growing though. We are broken up into multiple smaller towns. We look at it as more of a community. A nice place to raise children. Some werewolves look at their pack as a killing machine, trying to take over other packs and become the largest they can. We enjoy peace and quiet. We only fight to defend ourselves.”

“I can relate to that. It must be nice to have siblings. I always wished I had a sister growing up. Are you close to your brothers?”

“Yes, I am. Especially Liam. You could say he’s my… number two guy whenever I need something.”

It was nice that she already knew about my kind. I can’t imagine being mated to a human and having to explain all of this. On top of how at ease she made me feel, she was completely, amazingly gorgeous. I have never seen a woman as beautiful as her. When she took off her coat and I got my first good look at her body, my wolf had nearly taken over and tried to seal the mate bond right on our table. She was thin with ample breasts and somewhat muscular arms. And her legs were curvy ending in dainty ankles. I wondered how they would feel wrapped around me. These intrusive, sexual thoughts kept entering my mind at random times through the evening. When she took her first bite of desert and moaned, I nearly lost my shit. Too quickly the meal ended and I had to take her home. I didn’t want the evening to end, but I didn’t want her to think I was being too pushy. On the drive back to her place I was thinking over my strategy. I wanted her to ease into our relationship, to build feelings on her own without being forced by the mate bond. I was going to ask her to upend her life and change everything for me. I needed to be as respectful and understanding as possible. 

“Would it be alright if I kissed you?”

What? I’m still a guy. I had pulled up outside of her apartment building and she was looking at me with wide eyes, obviously surprised by my question. After a beat she smiled and nodded.

“Say it, love”

“Yes, you can kiss me.”

I leaned over and cupped her cheek in my hand and slowly lowered my head to meet her lips. I felt her warm breath on my lips. I hovered for a moment; in case she changed her mind. When she didn’t pull away I touched my lips to hers. Barely at first, but the sparks between us felt like fireworks and I quickly deepened the kiss. I ran my tongue over her bottom lip and asked for entrance into her mouth. She put her hand on my shoulder and leaned as close to me as she could get and opened her mouth for me. I was able to explore her with my tongue. She tasted sweet and delicious. I could kiss her for the rest of my life. She moaned into my mouth and sucked on my bottom lip. That little action made my dick twitch. Down boy!  I hoped he wouldn’t get too many ideas as it was simply to soon for that. I unzipped her coat a little while she was otherwise occupied and grudgingly pulled back from the kiss. I pulled the sleeve of her dress back a little.

“What are you doing?” She had a dazed look on her face that did wonders to stroke my ego.

“I couldn’t let you leave without seeing what’s under this dress.” I pulled the fabric covering her breast back and got a glimpse at red lace. I groaned and she giggled before zipping her coat back up.

“Thank you for dinner. It was lovely.”

“Lovely enough to do it again?”

“Yes. Absolutely.”

“How about tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow?”

“I’m only in town for a couple more weeks, I don’t want to waste any time on bullshit social etiquette about waiting a certain amount of time before I call you.”

She threw her head back and laughed and I barely fought the urge to suck on her neck and mark her as mine.

“Tomorrow sounds good. You can come to my apartment and I’ll cook for you.”

“Ok. I’m looking forward to it. Goodnight Grace.” I leaned forward and touched my lips to hers again. A chaste kiss that left me wanting more.

“Goodnight Owen.”

She slipped out of my truck and into her building while I sat there, still reeling from the amazing feel of her lips on mine. If the rest of my pack could see me now, they would probably laugh at how quickly I was falling for my little mate.

When I arrived back at my hotel I stripped down and got into the shower. There was no way I could sleep with my dick as hard as a rock. I stood under the hot water and imagined Grace in there with me. Kissing her, touching her, hearing her moan as I played with her. It was a world record for how quickly I finished, and I drifted off to sleep wishing she was there with me, laying in my arms with her head on my chest.

Oh yeah, I thought to myself. I’m a goner.