Chapter 19

Grace

I woke the next morning covered in sweat and Owen. He had moved through the night and was clinging to me like a koala. I love this. I carefully untangled myself from his massive limbs and went to his room to shower so as not to wake him. I knew how much stress the vampire attack was causing him and decided he needed some breakfast in bed. I bounded down the stairs to find Liam in the kitchen eating cereal.

“Good morning!” I called to him cheerfully.

“Good morning, Grace how’s it…” He stopped when I walked by him and looked at me confused, then a smile broke out on his face. “You had sex last night.” I looked at him horrified.

“What?!”

“You had sex with Owen last night.” I hate the way he says that. Like it’s a fact not a question. Cocky wolf.

“Why would you say that?”

“I can smell it on you.” My mouth dropped open and I gasped.

“I SMELL LIKE SEX? But I took a shower!” Liam held his stomach while he laughed.

“No, you don’t smell like sex. You smell like Owen. Your scents have merged. That’s what happens when you complete the mate bond. Did he mark you?” He leaned over trying to get a glimpse of my neck.

“No, not yet.”

“Well, that’s all that’s left, and you’ll be our Luna. Then you can mind link finally. It would be helpful you know.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“I didn’t know I’d be able to mind link after he marked me. That would be nice. I can send him dirty thoughts while he’s busy.” I giggled at the thought and Liam smirked. A few minutes later Owen joined us in the kitchen.

“Don’t leave me alone in bed like that, Grace. I don’t like waking up alone.” He stalked over to me and hugged me.

“I’m sorry. I was going to bring you breakfast in bed. Why didn’t you tell me my scent would change after we boned?” I looked at home accusatorily. His eyebrows shot up.

“Boned? I didn’t think it mattered. You can’t smell it anyway.” I smacked his chest a little.

“No, but everyone else can. Liam knew right away. It would be nice to be warned that everyone would know that we had sex.” He kissed my temple and I breathed in his manly scent. It seemed his smell did the same thing to me that mine did to him.

“You’re right. I’m sorry. Liam, you’re an ass.” Liam got a shocked look on his face and stalked out of the kitchen.

“There’s one other thing, Owen.” He had poured a cup of coffee and was taking a sip.

“What’s that, love?”

“I want you to mark me.” He put his cup down and looked at me, gauging my seriousness.

“I was going to wait until after the vampire attack. I didn’t want you marked as Luna. It’ll put a bullseye on your back. Or neck technically I guess.” I shook my head.

“No. I don’t care. I want you to mark me. I want to go into this with the pack knowing their Luna will fight for them.” Owen’s eyes softened and he looked at me with adoration.

“I’m so proud of you, Grace. Ok. I’ll mark you.”

“Today.”

“Right now, if you want.”

“Will it hurt?”

“A little, but only for a moment.”

“Can I mark you too?” He sat and thought for a moment.

“I believe you can, yes. There isn’t a lot of information on non werewolves marking their mates, but I think since you’re a witch and you’ll have a Luna mark, which is more powerful, you will be able to mark me. I’d like to try it either way. There is something else I should warn you about first.”

“The mind linking? Liam told me. I think it sounds freaking awesome.”

“Well, that yes. But marking each other will make our bond stronger. To a certain extent we will be able to feel each other’s emotions, even hear each other’s thoughts.”

“So, I’ll need to keep my inappropriate thoughts about other males in the pack to a minimum?” I laughed and Owen growled at me.

“Not funny, Grace.”

“Ok, ok I get it. I still want to do this, Owen. I’ve made my decision and I’m all in.” He stood and rounded the kitchen island to stand next to me.

“You want me to do it right now? Here?” I shrugged.

“No time like the present.” He kissed my lips and trailed kisses across my jaw and down my neck. He ran his tongue along my throat to the top of my shoulder. He put one hand on my waist and other on the back of my head. He pushed my hair out of the way and leaned my head back to give him more room.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, Owen. Do it.” I said breathlessly. I felt his teeth sink into my skin. It hurt at first, but quickly the pain morphed into a pleasurable warmth that radiated from the puncture site through my whole body. It was over quickly, and I felt Owen’s tongue licking the wound.

“It will take a day or two to heal. It should be cobalt blue when fully healed and look like a crescent moon, usually with stars or a small tree.” I gave him a sheepish smile and pushed him onto a stool, so I was eye level with him.

“It sounds beautiful. Ok, now your turn.”