Chapter 15

Owen

After an eventful evening with Grace, half of which was spent soaking in the jacuzzi tub and the other half spent with my cock in her mouth, I left early to meet with the other high level pack members to continue our plans on attacking the vampires.

“We’re going to need to call warriors from other towns. We only have 60 here including the women and that vampire said they have at least 80 vamps. I’d like to have 100 warriors.” I told the group. One of the wolves, Collin, nodded his head and said he would alert the other packs. One of the senior elders, Bruce, looked at me with twinkling eyes. I knew that meant he was going to say something I probably wouldn’t like. He had been around for as long as I could remember, serving as Beta to my father for many years.

“And what about your mate, Alpha? Will she be participating in the fight? If she is our future Luna it is to be expected. And from what I understand of her powers, she could be very useful in this fight.” I scowled at him.

“No, I will not put her at risk. We have not completed our mate bond and I’m not willing to let her die for a pack she isn’t sure she wants to belong to.” Liam looked between Bruce and me.

“You may want to tell her that then. I saw her practicing her powers behind the house this morning before I left. It looked like she was getting ready for battle.” Bruce looked pleased by this and that irritated me even more.

“God damn it.” I muttered under my breath. “The meetings over, you’re all dismissed.”

Sure enough as I rounded the back of the house there was Grace standing tall, as tall as she could anyway, wearing a gray sweater, black leggings that showed off her marvelous ass and tennis shoes while Tony, the wolf I had assigned to protect her whenever she left the packhouse alone, threw clay pigeons in the air for her to break.

“Pull!” she yelled, and Tony threw three clays in the air. She froze all three of them, broke the middle one first and then the other two at the same time. Impressive, I thought.

Your mate is scary, Alpha. Tony mind linked me.

She’s tiny, Tony. You’re not supposed to be afraid of the person you’re guarding.

I think we’d be better off if she were guarding me.

I chuckled and Grace turned to look at me. When she saw it was me, her face broke into a warm smile that made my chest swell with pride. God she’s beautiful.

“That’s pretty impressive. Is there anything else you can do that I should be aware of?” She thought for a moment and then her face lit up.

“I can levitate!” She kicked off from the ground and hovered at about six feet and started singing a terrible rendition of I believe I can fly. Tony looked at her with wide eyes and took a couple of steps back. Great, because he needed another reason to be terrified of her. She slowly sank back down to the ground.

“Not the most useful power, but a power nonetheless.” She shrugged and walked up to me. She snaked her fingers in my hair and pulled me down for a kiss. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close, nuzzling her neck and inhaling her scent.

“You’re dismissed, Tony. I’ll stay with her for the rest of the day.” He walked away backwards, never taking his eyes off Grace.

“Thank you, Alpha.” He shifted and ran as quickly as he could.

“He’s scared of you, you know.” I murmured into Grace’s mouth.

“Yeah, I think it was the whole dick blowing up thing. I told him as long as he didn’t piss me off, he’d be fine.” She grinned and shrugged at me as I laughed. I swept her up bridal style and carried her into the living room. I set her on my lap to straddle me as she kissed up my neck to my jaw.

“Grace, you know I can’t let you fight, right?” She stopped kissing me and pulled away to look at me.

“You’re joking right?”

“No, love, I’m not joking. I can’t let you risk your life for a pack that isn’t yours.” She furrowed her eyebrows and looked almost hurt at my comment.

“What do you mean not mine? I thought the pack was starting to accept me?”

“They are. In fact, one of the elders suggested you fight. Because he knew you could be helpful.”

“Well, then why can’t I help? I want to help, Owen. I know I haven’t been here long, but I thought I was settling in well. I thought people liked me.” She climbed off me to sit next to me and my wolf let out an irritated huff at the loss of contact.

“They do like you, Grace. But this is different. Fighting with us is basically announcing that you are agreeing to be Luna. I’m not pushing you to make that decision right now, but I don’t want to risk you Grace. I’m not sure how I would fare in a fight knowing my mate is there too. I might be distracted and that could have dire consequences.” She furrowed her eyebrows and pouted her lip out at me. God, I wanna bite and suck on that lip.

“No, Owen. I’m fighting with you. This is how I can show the pack that I’m serious about you and them. And it will help lessen the casualties your pack incurs. It’s your job as Alpha to protect the pack first, not your mate. It would be irresponsible of you to leave me at home. It would be a dereliction of duty.”

“A what?”

“It’s like when the president doesn’t do what he’s supposed to do, and people get hurt. He can get in a lot of trouble for it.” I thought about that for a moment. She’s not wrong, my wolf said to me. She’s strong and she can help us. She’s stepping up like a Luna. This is a good sign that she might stay.

“Fine.” I let out a long breath I didn’t realize I was holding. “But I am going to give you some hand to hand training. And practice that levitating thing. At least you can hover over the fight if you need to.” She squealed and gave me a hug making my wolf purr. Traitor I said to him.

“Thanks, baby! You won’t regret it!”

God, I hope she’s right.