Chapter 27

Grace

It took nearly three days of laying in bed, relaxing and doing nothing but eating and watching bad tv before I felt back to my old self. I was incredibly jealous of Owen's quick healing. All he needed was a good meal and a power nap before he could kill another hundred vampires.

I wandered around the house lazily while Owen was at a meeting with the pack elders. We had some injured wolves, but thankfully had no casualties. I was incredibly grateful for that. I looked out the window and smiled to myself when I saw Tony, my bodyguard, standing on the steps and keeping a watchful eye. I grab my cup of coffee and slip outside, breathing in the crisp morning air.

"Hey Tony." I say with a smile. He gives me a respectful nod before returning his eyes to the forest.

"Good morning, Luna." He says as I take a seat on one of our porch chairs.

"Not that I don't appreciate you, Tony, but after I killed all of those vampires single handedly do you really think the bodyguard thing is necessary?" I ask with a cheeky smile making him chuckle and shake his head.

"Honestly, Luna? No. I don't think you need me. But Alpha has entrusted me with your safety and I take that very seriously." He says firmly and I nod.

"Well, are you hungry? I was about to make some breakfast." I say standing but he shakes his head again.

"No thank you, my mate fed me before I left." He says politely.

I go back into the house, wandering to the kitchen looking for something to eat. The lack of a schedule has started to bother me. I'm used to being needed, having my days planned out ahead. I have no interest in being a house Luna. I want to be out with Owen, protecting the pack and helping to make decisions. The thought of being stuck in the house all of the time makes a despondent sigh leave me.

"Well, that sounds awful dramatic." Owen says from behind me. I spin arount with a startled squeak, nearly dropping the egg in my hand.

"You scared me, Owen!" I huff and he just chuckles, walking up to me and wrapping me in his arms.

"It's good to see you up and about. Are you feeling better?" He asks, his eyes roving over my body, taking stock for any injuries.

"I'm fine. Just bored." I huff and he gives me a warm smile, leaning down to peck my cheek.

"I know, love. I was waiting for you to feel better before discussing some of your duties around the pack. We were distracted with the vampires, but now you can focus on what you were meant to do as Luna." He says and hope spurs in my chest at having a purpose again.

"What are my duties?" I ask and he shrugs, snagging a piece of toast from the toaster.

"We can go over things in more detail, but the health and happiness of the pack is part of your duties. Obviously it is both of our responsibilities. You will need my help sometimes, just like I will need your help to keep us all safe. But Lunas usually focus on the women and children." He says and my heart warms at the thought. I smile a little, plating food for both of us. I put Owen's plate in front of him and he grabs my hand, pulling me into his lap. I squeak in surprise at the sudden movement, but he ignores me and leans down to kiss me firmly.

"Thank you for breakfast, love." He says sweetly as my mind swims in pleasure from the exchange.

"You're welcome, baby." I say sweetly, kissing him one last time before grabbing my own food.

"Where will I start?" I ask curiously, shoveling eggs into my mouth as Owen considers my question.

"Maybe the school. Meet the teachers, see if there's anything they need. Maybe visit some of the new moms, introduce yourself. After your impressive stand against the vamps they are all going to welcome you with open arms." He says, pride obvious on his face. His words make a weight that I didn't realize I was carrying lift from my shoulders. I take a deep breath and nod.

"Good. I'm glad. I was nervous about that." I admit and Owen reaches across the table to squeeze my hand.

"They will love you." He says firmly and I smile at him.

I take a drink of orange juice and lick the excess from my upper lip. Owen notices the movement and his eyes darken as he trails my tongue with his eyes. My body heats everywhere his eyes touch, my sking pebbling under his needy stare.

"Are you going to take me upstairs, Alpha?" I ask, my voice husky with seduction. Owen snarls at my words, launching himself out of his chair and rounding the table, lifting me from my seat and throwing me over his shoulder like I weight nothing at all.

He smacks my butt playfully as he hauls me up the stairs. I reach out to squeeze his ass, groaning at the feeling of the tight muscles under my hand. Owen takes a deep breath, the scent of my arousal undoubtedly filling his nose with his close proximity to my center. The hand that's not holding me trails up my inner thigh, rubbing gently at my core as I try to spread my legs wider to give him better access. His laughter is deep and dark as he pulls his hand away, despite my protests.

"Patience my love. It will be worth it." He promises, and I have no doubt he will live up to it.

He tosses me gently on the bed and my eyes trail up from his feet to his hard cock, and his bare chest as he rips his shirt over his head with one hand. I bite my bottom lip and groan at the sight, squeezing my thighs together to try and alleviate some of the ache he's left me with. He stalks over to the bed, climbing over me until I'm trapped beneath his solid form. His eyes flit across my face, his eyes turning from feral to affectionate.

"You're so beautiful." He groans out, leaning down to capture my mouth. His tongue traces my bottom lip before he sucks it gently into his mouth, nibbling on it with his teeth. I spread my legs further so he can sink closer to me, our bodies touching as he presses me into the bed.

I slip my tongue into his mouth, tasting the orange juice from breakfast along with his natural taste. I moan in pleasure, the sparks fanning my body as lust takes over.

Just as he slips his hand under my shirt to rip it from my body, we hear a hard knock on our front door. Owen growls in annoyance and I see his eyes glaze over in a mind link. I huff, trying to shove my hand down his pants to cup his cock and continue where we left off. He growls again and pulls my hand away and I growl back at him making him chuckle before lifting me off the bed.

"It's Tony. He needs to speak with us." He says and I groan in frustration this time. Owen picks his shirt up off the floor, but I snatch it from him and throw it on the bed.

"Don't you dare put that back on." I sass him and he chuckles again, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the front door. Tony is standing on the other side, his face alight with a bright blush.

"Sorry to interrupt." He says sheepishly and I cackle out a laugh at how shy this giant wolf is.

"What's going on?" I ask once my laughter is under control.

"There's a um... man. Here. He's demanding to see you, Luna. He says he won't leave until he does and if we don't let him see you soon he'll uh... Call the human police." He finishes and I furrow my brows in confusion as Owen stands stock still next to me.

"Did he say his name?" I ask and Tony shakes his head.

"No." Tony says and I grab Owen's hand.

"Where is he?" I ask and Tony points down the road.

"At the pack entrance. Patrol wouldn't let him in." He says and I nod, pulling Owen with me.

We walk quietly, me wondering who in the hell it could be, until I hear a man screaming from down the road.

"I swear to God! If you obnoxious mountain men do not have Grace here in the next five minutes I will get in this car and plow my way through. I am NOT leaving until I see her!" I gasp as the realization floods over me.

I take off in a run, Owen following me close by and growling until he catches up and grabs my hand again just as I round the corner and my eyes clash with the one and only...

"Gavin?!"