Chapter 4

"Vasudev, what's going on? I can't understand." Karna watched as Krishna carried Ishani to her room, calling the royal physician.

"She is a demigod?" Karna was in awe but Krishna's words shocked him.

"No, she is the most powerful entity after the trinity. She was created and brought up by them. All their powers are hidden in her. Adi Shesha was her bed and Indra's thunderbolt was her plaything. Agni Dev was her favourite god. She would ride Yama's buffaloes and complain about Airavat not being like other elephants." 

Karna was too stunned to speak; he was nowhere in comparison to her.

"Then why.?"

"You will see them for yourself. The rest you can figure out."

"Ouch!" Ishani mumbled, opening her eyes.

She screamed, seeing Krishna. 

"Why couldn't you remove my memory? I'm not supposed to remember anything normally. I'm supposed to figure out things on my own and encounter life-threatening situations but miraculously escape unscathed."

Krishna chuckled before shaking his head; "This is not your typical, cliche historical novels Ishani, it's real life. You are someone you wouldn't imagine in your wildest dreams. I had to break this to you because time's running faster than I expected. You've a lot to do."

Ishani peeked nervously at Karna; why didn't she feel so uncomfortable in his presence?

She hated men; Krishna was an exception but why did she feel so safe and calm when he was there? She was a misandrist; why was everything changing so suddenly?

"Am I your long-lost sister or something?" Seeing Krishna nod no, she continued, trying to guess.

"Or Pandavas sister? Kauravas' sister? Dronacharya's daughter? Indra's daughter? Manifestation of a Goddess?" 

Krishna kept nodding no and she was frustrated. "Then what am I? I've singled out all the possibilities. Don't say soulmate of blah blah.."

"Shall I let the cat out of the bag?" 

She nodded eagerly. 

"You are the trinity's daughter. Brahmadev created a soul suddenly and not knowing what to do, they made you a girl; with all their powers. Heaven was your home and everyone loved you as their own. But tragedy when Mahadev killed Andhaka. Andhaka's wife cursed him, saying that you would be separated from them and suffer due to the absence of love. People would betray you endlessly but you would still be alive."

Ishani gasped; what the heck was happening? Her entire life was due to a curse and now.. 

"I brought you back for two reasons: the curse was nullified after her death, and you are the only one who can change the fate of Aryavart. You know what I mean, Ishani. Don't worry, for now just do as I say."