Chapter 6

"Mere Bacche!" Shakuni limped anxiously, while Duryodhana got up, surprised.

"Don't go to Dwarka. It'll ruin you !" Shakuni sat down, revealing the letter. Duryodhana was taken aback but didn't feel Krishna would have planned something bad. As far as he knew, Krishna was a neutral person, though tended to favour the pandavas.

"That woman and Karna are there; they'll definitely try to kill you. And who knows if the Pandavas are in league with them. Be with your brothers always." Duryodhana didn't feel like believing a word of his uncle's. Her cold, menacing eyes at his uncle flashed before him. Maybe, she knew something about his Mamashree that no one knew. 

He knew he was cleverly portrayed as the evil cousin who wanted to snatch away Hastinapur. He wouldn't deny it felt good to be the ruler after his father, but he felt tired.

Tired of fighting for something he knew could be won only by deceit.

His uncle was cunning and scheming, but it was also the elder's fault. They never paid attention to them, busy pampering the 'five', who had lost their father.

"They came, Mere Bacche. To take away what's yours. Don't be kind to them." Their uncle was the only one who had taken care of them throughout their childhood, so they readily tortured them.

Without an ounce of remorse. Looking back, Duryodhana still remembered the day he had poisoned Bheema. That night, he howled, covering his mouth with his pillow so that no one would hear.

He hated the boy, but killing him was not something he wanted. Maybe he could have just defeated him in a duel, thereby not allowing them to be more powerful.

Pitashree loved his title, money and power. Mata always tried to please him, after their half-brother was born, and their father spent more time with his mother's own maid.

They even went to the extent of beating up Yuyutsu, their half-brother but stopped, realizing he was innocent . 

Pitamaha kept calling himself a 'servitor to the throne' and yet struggled to follow his so called Dharma. 

Kakashree thought Dharma was the rules prescribed in texts written by their lovely ancestors. Okay, they were wise and all of that, but people were changing with each passing second. They couldn't follow rules set at that time, for those people who lived differently.

Ishani was absolutely right, but he didn't have the courage to tell her. Everybody would think a ghost possessed the infamous prince.

He knew she was somehow aware of his inner turmoil, since she always blinked assuring whenever they met. It was refreshing when someone you weren't close with understood you without a single word. Yet, he felt Karna's unforgiving glare on him all the while.

He wasn't dumb to ignore the fact that Karna yearned for Ishani.

He sighed, rubbing his temples.  "Mere Bacche." His sugary voice irritated him.