Chapter 15

Krishna's eyebrows raised high, while the Pandavas apparently seemed mortified and did a back turn, mumbling a sorry for interrupting.

Karna almost tried to get up, and Ishani helped him, clutching his shoulders. Both sighed in relief, before looking at the door where a lone figure was busy smirking at the scapegoat.

"Vasudev, we didn't do anything. Tell the Pandavas to come back.." He rasped, trying not to show his embarrassment. Ishani glared at Krishna, she wanted to wipe that smirk off his annoyingly sweet face.

They just slipped and ended up in that ... position. 

Krishna just chuckled, entering her chambers. He picked up the lehenga tossed on the ground, putting it on the chair nearby.

"Not my fault if they're hell bent on allowing you both privacy.." Ishani's eyes widened. Why was he behaving so strange? Of course, he teased her like this always, but Karna was also here today.

Karna looked down, not wanting her to see his red cheeks. 

"Anyways, we just wanted to know if you are willing to come to Somnath sea. It's what you modern people call beach." Krishna shrugged, while Karna intently listened.

"How do I swim then?" She asked, knowing women didn't have swimsuits and all that stuff. They would have had cardiac arrests seeing such flimsy clothing.

"Swim?" Karna was apparently shocked that she could swim. Ishani narrowed her eyes at him.

"Why can't women swim? " Karna shook his head nervously.. "No, what kind of clothing will you wear? I was just asking because most of what you wear is muslin..."

"We'll figure it out.." Krishna stepped in, trying to ease the atmosphere. "Now, Karna you too get cracking. Alright, I'll leave now.."

Karna looked at Krishna as if he were an alien. "Vasudev, I'm not a cracker to get cracking.."

Ishani chuckled, almost about to laugh. " I think I'm possessed by a Kali Yuga Witch. Actually, it means to start working.." Krishna explained, while Karna felt like he was a small boy.

Krishna smiled, walking out as the curtains swished lightly, revealing the orange sky. It was already nearing evening.

Ishani sighed, folding all the clothes and arranging them neatly in the iron trunk. "Here" Karna murmured, handing her  a handkerchief. She looked at him quizzically, when he pointed to her forehead.

She was sweating, and he was caring enough to notice that. "Thanks.." She collapsed on the wooden chair, wiping her sweat. 

Still some of her body washes were left.. She was about to call the maid to get another trunk when he stopped her.

"I have less stuff to take, so I'll put it in mine. I'll hand it over when we reach Somnath. How does it sound?" He ran his hand over his locks in nervousness.