Chapter 17

Ishani had just finished washing her hands when the servant handed her a soft cloth. She politely declined, taking out the cloth tucked by her waistband.

Karna was busy waiting for her at the entrance. He, out of courtesy struck a conversation with one of the officials. 

"Devi.." Ishani looked up, to find the queen walking towards her, an innocent smirk plastered on her oh-so pretty face.

To her surprise, she grasped her by the arm when Ishani stiffened. "What.." Ayesha shushed her gently.

"Shh.. Can we not have a normal conversation? Come, let's go." The queen dragged her, talking about how handsome and brave Vidyut was.

"And he said that I was the most beautiful woman he laid his eyes upon.." Ishani was getting tired.

"Okay.." She sighed, when the queen frowned. Why was she acting so calm and cool? She wanted to see that ugly expression of jealousy on her face, but Ishani actually looked fed up.

Ayesha knew Ishani had made an attempt to seduce Vidyut, and she didn't want to admit it, but it almost worked. 

If Ishani knew what thoughts were going on in the mind of the woman besides her, she would laugh until tears rolled down. Ayesha looked as they reached the entrance. Karna was nodding seriously at what the Mantri Daksh was saying. She had heard about the Suta warrior.

"That low caste filth has the nerve to talk to royalty.. Such scums need to be taught a befitting.."

Karna abruptly turned and the minister sighed at her words. The queen was always like that. Rude to all the people below her caste. And acted like an innocent woman in front of the King.

She couldn't even complete the sentence when Ishani twisted her hand. She yelped, glaring at her.

"You characterless..."

"Shut the fuck up. " Her cold voice echoed all around. All the people turned around, gasping as they heard her cursing.

She was crude, but her aura made them cower. Ayesha seethed, raising her hand when Ishani caught it, twisting it for the second time in a row. The royal guards rushed to her aid, but Karna's glare stopped them from moving another inch towards Ishani.

"Next time you talk about Karna, I'll punch the living daylights of you! HE'S A MAN WHO DESERVES A FUCKING EMPIRE!KARNA IS MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR PATI-PARAMESHWAR! NO ONE GETS TO BADMOUTH HIM! You open that petty little mouth and say another word, I'll ki.."

Karna walked towards her, about to call out to her when Ishani left Ayesha, gripping his hand. "Come on, let's go before I change my mind. It looks like no one respects us here." She murmured, almost pulling him away. 

Karna obediently followed her, not before sending a furious glare to all the people present there.

As they almost reached the backyard, Karna sighed, stopping her. "What was that, Ishani? She's the Maharani .."