Prologue

"Ma'am, the reason behind your success? Your business is on the top list for not fluctuating even a tiny bit . How do you manage to keep a stable company ?" Flashes of cameras made her chuckle coldly. 

Being famous meant you would have to face the cameras every time you step out.

"Betrayal." Her words shocked the journalists.

"Ma'am, pardon?"

"You heard it right. Betrayal makes a person  a totally different version of themselves." She walked off, not responding anymore.

How long did she have to live like this? A life where money and appearances only mattered ? 

"It's good that Arjun is out of your life. I am happy that you avenged yourself successfully, Ishu." She smiled weakly at Kriti, her friend's words.

Arjun Mehta was her biggest nightmare.

The nightmare she had once loved relentlessly. Only to watch her life go on like a cliche and cringe romantic story with an alternate ending though.

Instead of being the beautiful, poor girl everyone bullied, she was the ugly, obese and rich girl everyone hated.

It didn't help that she was naive and thought Arjun loved her. Of course, she knew he whored around, but sleeping with her only friend on their 3rd anniversary was unexpected.

And the best part, he refused to let her go after his two-timing nature was revealed. The scars on her back didn't fail to remind her everyday. 

After a year of living in a dark basement with frugal living conditions, she managed to escape. Running away to London to start a new life.

It wasn't easy. Pushing herself harder to reduce her weight, realising she had PTSD, it weighed her down more.

But her mother's painful smile kept her going. 

"When there's someone bad in your story, remember, there'll also be a good one. But not all are lucky."

"I'm tired of fighting for myself. I want someone to fight for me."

"Careful for what you wish. Who knows if the Gods are listening."

Meme of the day: