Chapter 19

Ishani needed an escape route

Ishani needed an escape route. She needed to open her eyes first, but her whole body seemed to be going on a strike.

Of course, it hurt like a bitch. She wanted to grip someone's hand and yell for all of Aryavart to hear.

But first, she had to inform Krishna or Karna of the situation at Hastinapur. She was sure that Shakuni had secretly abducted them, to reveal Karna's true parentage.

Of course, with his skills and power, anyone could suspect if were really a mere charioteer's son. Kunti had to know and confess, to stop their torture. She preferred that way. But there were many other ways, like just silence Shakuni and make Duryodhana behave like before, to appease him. 

But the man's suspicious mind could never be put to rest. They had to do something quickly. If only she could open her eyes.

She tried to move her fingers. God, it hurt. Everything around her was blurry and dark, frustration building up in her heart.

The bed underneath her was soft and there were 2 glasses by her bedside. For what? She internally groaned when she remembered Ayesha and her desperate husband. 

She was previously injured, but this..was way too much. Those guards were ready to rape her. She lost consciousness, their lewd gazes reminding her of Arjun, except his smile looked good even as a psycho.

"Ishani.." Karna's baritone voice floated around, like a faraway dream. 

"Yes! I can hear you!" She wanted to reply, but her eyelids felt heavy to open. She jerked when she felt familiar warmth.

It was Karna. Touching her.

It spread to her forehead, enveloping her completely. She sensed strong warmth on her hand, he probably must be holding it. 

She tried to twitch her fingers. 

Please, give me control over myself. She prayed.

And she felt a strong current jolt her awake. Her body felt numb, but it was good.

She regained consciousness. And the pain had lessened too. She moved her right hand frantically, and Karna's eyes shot wide open.

Krishna, leaning against the pillar, smiled softly. Karna blinked repeatedly, looking back and forth between both of them.

"She woke up... Vasudev.." He stammered, making Krishna laugh.

"Because of your sincere feelings." He teased, gesturing to focus on her.

"Ishani.. Can you hear me.."

"Mm.." She moaned, her throat dried up. He quickly opened her cracked lips, allow cold water to trickle down her throat.

She shivered for a second, gulping it hesitantly. 

"It's Karna. I'm here." His words unknowingly relaxed her self as she laid back. He wiped her lips with his Angavastram, smiling at her.