Chapter 14

Ishani's POV:Love was cursed; some who truly deserved it didn't get it

Ishani's POV:
Love was cursed; some who truly deserved it didn't get it. And I, wasn't sure if I wanted anymore in my life.

Arjun Mehta ruined it all. My entire being shivered, recollecting how he would split my skin apart and hit me on the same spot with his belt.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Was I really beautiful as they said? All I could see was a broken, hopeless woman.
"No matter what, I know you are the strongest person Ishani. " Karna said.

He was a blessing in disguise. I remember how we often sat in the garden or his balcony, laughing over silly stuff.

He would always make sure I was happy. Even if it meant sacrificing his own happiness. 

I wasn't sure what he meant when he said that. Maybe, he meant the friendship kind of love. I dreaded to think it any other way, because I didn't believe love existed for me.

Either ways, he would get married to 2 women. Why did I feel so uncomfortable picturing his wedding ? I had no clue. 

I had to send Shakuni far away, so that the cousins would live peacefully. And in the mean time, prevent Drupad from turning too vengeful. 

"Devi Ishani." I looked up, seeing the maid.

"Devi, your presence is requested in the main court hall." 

"Could you please show me the way?" I requested and she nodded, walking ahead of me. I looked around, at the magnificent court. A huge chandelier hung in the middle, glittering with gems. The soft breeze made me feel refreshed.

Krishna and all the Princes were already seated, probably waiting for me.

"Ishani, we have decided to go to the Somnath temple and visit the places around it. Would you like to come? We will be there for a week, and it'll be fun."

I nodded. "Are you all coming?" I looked at the princes, who nodded. 

"Vasudev!" Karna's voice made me look back. It was kind of awkward to look into his eyes, like I did before and greet him, but I had to.

I didn't want tongues wagging, so I greeted at him as if nothing happened.

"So what's up?" He sat next to Krishna, exuding a royal aura. 

"We're going to Somnath, Vasu. Would you like to tag along?" He nodded, looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

For the first time, I realised we really felt comfortable with each other. I found myself looking at him when everyone were casually talking among themselves.

Was it because both of us were always alone and found something common in each other?

"Ishani, your shoulder.." Nakul looked at me worriedly. 

"It's fine. I have a little pain, and it's little difficult for me to lift anything with this hand.." His tense features relaxed.

"Ah, that's alright. It will be alright in a week. I was really scared because the spear was coated in poison and your body wasn't responding for a while."