MOUSE DROPPINGS

Chapter 56

Peter's Pov:

"Welcome to Costco!" A worker says cheerfully as we all push inside.

"Thank you, kind mortal."

Carts bang together as we all try to get in at the same time.

Once we're all in, we split off, Steve said we have to stay in pairs or groups of three so we don't get lost.

I'm paired with Thor, it's funny how we keep getting paired together. Clint and Pietro are with us.

"Testing, can everyone hear me?" Steve says through the earpiece.

There's a chorus of yes's and yeah's and we're off.

I look around in awe, this place is HUGE.

"So what's on you guy's lists?" Clint asks as we start walking down an aisle.

I look down at mine. "Uh, dried mango, peanu-"

"Look FOOD!" Thor shouts then starts running with his carts.

"Yeah obviously there's fo - SAMPLES!!" Pietro screams and we all hurry to the worker handing out free food.

"Would you like one?" The worker, Eddie by their name tag, asks holding up a little cup with a cracker and tuna.

"Sure thank you." I smile and shove it in my mouth. Yum.

"YOU ARE WELCOME!" The worker roars, I whip my head up and see Eddie yawn.

Hm, weird.

"ANOTHER!" Thor grins as he slams his cup into the garbage bin.

Eddie hands us all more, which we gladly eat.

"These are the crackers," Eddie shows us a large box and whole grain seeded crackers, "And this is the tuna."

"Delicious, we'll take 10." Pietro says in between mouthfuls.

Eddie smiles, and piles 10 boxes of crackers and 10 sets of tuna into Pietro carts.

"Thank you wonderful midguardian. It is much appreciated."

"Could y'all move already, others want tuna fish too!" An old man with glasses shouts from behind us and we quickly continue down the aisle.

We go up down each aisle, picking up items on our lists along the way, and stopping for every sample available.

We've had vegetable straws, taco meat, pizza, and apple sauce - all of which we've bought - and picked up a few items on our lists.

"Bucky no!" Bruce's voice cackles through the earpiece.

"Bucky yes!" Bucky shouts back.

"Bucky no!"

"Bucky yes!"

"Why do you need a dog bed? We don't even have a dog." You can hear the frown in Bruce's voice.

"We have a Bucky though." Sam's voice comes in.

There's a loud crash before it goes back to quiet.

"Well that was weird." I say grabbing a bag of frozen peas.

We pass a tracker and Clint gasps. "I've always wanted a tracker!"

"Clint," Pietro sighs and Clint climbs into the display.

"It's, it's perfect! We're getting it." He says to a worker, Kurt - who looks oddly familiar, who smiles.

"Take one of these," Dave hands Clint a cardboard square, "Tracker ready in the back, ready when you leave."

"Thanks!" Clint puts the square in one of his carts, which is extremely full of apple sauce, frozen blueberries, almonds and potatoes.

"Hey Steve?" Pietro asks his earpiece.

"Yes?"

"What do we do with our full carts? We still have more items left."

"Oh! I forgot to mention, I talked to a worker and they said we can pile them in the southeast corner near the cashiers. They closed off a section for us."

"Okay thanks Steve!"

Clint suggests we drop off our carts and get new ones, so we do that. We run into Wanda, Nat and Pepper.

One of Wanda's carts is full of fluffy colour full clothing, one of Pepper's seems to filled with socks, and one of Nat's is half filled with fuzzy blankets.

"You'll never guess what we found!" Wanda grins lifting up a dinosaur onesie then a giraffe one. "We got two for everyone, they're so cute!"

Thor touches one and smiles. "Soft."

"Yeah, and there was a huge deal on socks so I got everyone socks. I know how socks seem to disappear in our household." Pepper side eyes Clint and Pietro.

"What?!" Pietro laughs.

Pepper rolls her eyes.

We tell them about the awesome samples as we walk to the cart station. We put our carts down and I look at the other ones. Most are filled with food, though I see two dog beds, a leaf blower, and a wine glass that looks about 4 feet tall.

We split off again, Wanda, Nat, Clint and Pietro heading off in one direction while Thor, Pepper and I in the other.

Pepper stops to choose some avocados while Thor and I look at the plushies.

"Get Help!" Thor whispers at me.

"Yeah Thor?" I look to where he points and gasp.

I run and hug the life sized teddy bear.

Thor pets it. "We should get it."

I sigh when I look at the price. "Thor, it's 299 dollars."

"I will pay if the Man of Iron doesn't. It is worth it."

"You don't have to Thor."

"I want to." Thor pats my head fondly then places the 8 foot bear into his cart.

Pepper pushes her cart full of avocados and rolls her eyes when she sees the bear.

"Come on, what else do you two need?"

I look at my list. "I still need peanut butter, almond butter and cashew butter."

"Three butters, okay."

"I have to get the wonderful tart of pops, dr-"

Thor's cut off by Steve shouting through the earpiece.

"DON'T EAT THAT BUCKY!! THERE'S MOUSE DROPPINGS ON IT!"