Pad of Splash

Chapter 68

Peter's Pov:

"30 sticks?" a shocked Sam asks.

"30, then you kids can play in the splash pad."

"We're not kids Tony." Clint crosses his arms.

"I'm totally a kid in an adults body." Scott says.

There's a blur and Pietro appears arms full of sticks. "Here's 241 sticks, that's enough for 8 of us. Splash pad here we come!"

Pietro throws the sticks to the ground.

Steve picks up one of them and frowns. "We can't use this."

He throws the stick across the park.

"That's why I got 241 - wait is that BUCKY?" Pietro points to Bucky sprinting after the stick Steve threw.

Bucky puts the stick in his mouth then sprints back to us. "I got your stick Steve." He spits it out at Steve's feet.

We all stare, not saying anything.

"Splash pad time!" Bucky smiles and unzips his frog onesie, revealing a pair of rainbow board shorts.

"PAD OF SPLASH!" Thor booms, throwing the sticks he collected in the air.

Loki ducks to avoid the flying sticks. "Watch it brother."

"My apologies Brother."

I turn back to the others, who've all ditched their onesies for board shorts or swim trunks. Except Clint, who's in a flower printed speedo.

Steve shakes his head, "Go ahead, have your fun."

I stay still, conflicted. I want to go to the splash pad but I also want to help Steve.

"You can go too Peter, I probably don't need more sticks to make a fire."

"Okay, thanks Steve. I'll see if anyone else needs help."

Steve nods, smiling.

"OH IT'S ON BARNES!" Sam roars from the splash pad as he tries to flick water at Bucky.

Bucky sticks his tongue out and hides behind Thor.

"Hello Bucky." Thor smiles.

"Can you make the water hit Sam?"

"Sure." Thor smiles as he makes rain pour down on Sam.

"No fair!"

I smile, then head over to Nat and Pepper. "Need any help?"

"Yes actually, could you hold this pole up?" Pepper gestures to part of the tent.

I hold it as they explain how the tent is supposed to look.

"Having fun?" Nat asks as she kicks the corner of the tent.

"Yeah! I'm going to go in the splash pad after!" I say excitedly, telling them about it.

"Sounds like fun." Pepper gives her side of the tent a kick and it pops out into a full sized tent.

"Wow, how did you do that?"

"We've been working on this for an hour."

"Oh."

"Thanks for the help, Peter!"

I look to see if anyone else needs help.

Wanda's laying out the blankets and sleeping bags, mouthing along to Scott's music.

Stephen and Bruce are heatedly talking about the sun. I frown, Bruce seems to have a weird obsession with the sun.

I listen in on their conversation.

"You have 7 phd's!"

"And?"

Stephen throws his hands up, "I'm done."

I frown again, confused, and look to the others.

Happy is on the phone with someone.

Rhodey and Tony are having an aggressive thumb war.

Steve is proudly watching his now made fire.

I look to the splash pad and smile.

Sam is on top of Bucky's shoulders, Pietro onto of Clint's, and Scott's on top of Thor's. Their running around the splash pad squirting each other with water guns.

Loki is sitting on top of one of the sprinklers with a whistle in his mouth. Once again refereeing it seems.

I quickly ditch my onesie, revealing my board shorts, and run over to them.

"THOR! I got you!" Pietro shouts, raising his arms in joy.

"What?"

"Thor, you're out." Loki blows his whistle.

Thor looks very confused but puts Scott down.

"Me too?" Scott asks, with a small frown.

"Uh -"

"Hi, can I join? Or do I need to wait for the next round?" I rush in, interrupting them.

"Perfect! Peter you can be with Scott." Loki declares and I hop onto Scott's shoulders.

"Team SHUT UP BUCKY is in the lead with 10 points, Team S-A-T -I guess that would be S-A-P now- is in second with 6 points. Team We Need Another Minute Loki is in last place with 1 point."

Bucky frowns at his and Sam's team name as Sam cackles smacking Bucky's shoulder.

"Loki we said our team name is-"

"Shush mortal. Your team name has already been decided, no changing it."

"But-"

"You also shush."

Pietro crosses his arms.

"Begin!"

We play for an hour before Stephen says we're going to eat. We're completely drenched in water but had a lot of fun. Team We Need Another Minute Loki got last, with only 7 points. Team SHUT UP BUCKY got second, with 29 points. And Scott and I, Team S-A-T/P, got first with 31 points!

"We should have won." Sam crosses his arms.

"No WE should have won." Clint says, also crossing his arms.

"You two only got 7 points."

"And?"

"God, your all drenched. Good thing we brought towels." Pepper says handing us each a fuzzy towel.

"Yes Lady Pepper?" Thor smiles, wrapping his green towel around his face.