cooking time!!!!!!!

Chapter 72 (actually)

Peter's Pov

There's a knock on my door and I look up from my homework.

"Hey Peter," Pepper smiles at me.

"Hi!"

"Can I come in?" she asks and I nod.

She sits down on my bed, "How's your school work?"

"Boring, but easy," I explain the assignment I'm working on right now and we chat about school.

"You almost ready to go?" she asks.

"Go where..?"

"Coo-" I cut her off, remembering.

"Our cooking class!"

"-king class" she finishes after me with a smile.

"I just have to change, should I go find Steve?"

"That would be great."

"Okay!" I get up excitedly.

"I'll be in the kitchen, stop by before you leave okay?"

I give a thumbs up and she smiles at me.

"Have fun Peter, and thanks for going with Steve."

"I'm excited to learn to cook too, it's going to be fun!" I smile.

"Well, I did hear about you and Thor's Poptart Shawarma Banana cookies.. and I think you'll learn a lot from these classes to say the least."

"Oh yeah! I learned so much from Thor that day, he knows so much about cooking." I smile at the memory and Pepper shakes her head.

I start searching the tower for Steve, finding him in his room with Bucky.

They're cozied up on a giant bean bag chair - Bucky's knitting a blanket with a kitty pattern on it, and Steve's reading beside him.

"Bucky your blanket looks great!" I say entering.

He looks up at me, "Thanks Peter."

Steve puts his book down and nudges Bucky, "See? I told you it's looking good."

Bucky nudges him back but doesn't respond.

Steve sighs slightly before turning to me, "Is it time to go already?"

"Yup!"

"Okay great, your outfit is hanging in the washroom if you want to get changed."

I go to washroom and put on the outfit Steve and I (mainly Steve) carefully picked out.

Matching blue longsleeves and black cargo pants because Steve claimed we'd need lots of pockets to put all our cooking supplies in.

Thor lent me his poptart socks and I have my crocs on over them.

Steve's outfit is the same and we're matching when I walk out the washroom.

Bucky smiles at us and insists on taking photos of us.

We cycle through a few poses until Bucky is satisfied, then we say goodbye.

"I expect you two to bring me back some of whatever you make!"

We head down to the kitchen to say bye to Pepper, and after a cooking related pep talk from Pepper, we're out the door.

We take the subway across the city and walk to the building the class is being taught in.

"Are you ready to be the best cooking students this class has even seen, Peter?" Steve turns to me so seriously I can't help but smile.

I nod and Steve puts out his hand. I put mine on top of his.

"Cookers assemble!" he shouts and a few people share at us.

I give Steve a high five and we head inside.

There's six other students in the class, ranging from from about their 20's to 80's.

Our instructor has explains that this class will run over the course of 4 weeks, one class each week, and by the end of it we will all be able to make a number of dishes for each meal.

We'll cover all the basics from safety to recipe reading, and make something each class.

The instructor starts off with explaining important safety rules and Steve leans forward in his stool, listening intently.

I try my best to listen too, but safety's boring - I want to start cooking!

Steve participates eagerly, answering all of the instructors questions.  He earns three stickers from this, which he proudly displays on his shirt.

We go over how to read a recipe next, and I learn a lot from this.  Apparently, you're supposed to FOLLOW the recipe - the instructor even said that it's better to follow it as closely as possible if you're a beginner.

Thinking back to the Poptart Shawarma Banana cookies, we might have made a few mistakes - but on the other hand Thor really seemed to know what he was doing so I don't know.

Maybe I can't trust this instructor, I haven't actually tasted any of his food yet.

I go back and forth with myself to pass the time.

I'm itching to start cooking, and I'm falling out of my chair trying to stay still.

Finally the instructor tells us each to go to a cooking station and he hands out recipes.

"We'll be making a simple pasta today, and you'll all get to take what you make home. Does anyone have any questions?" he asks and when no one says anything he continues, "Okay! I'll be going around helping out and answering questions.  Remember what we just learned, and have fun!"

°°°

Tony's Pov

"Hey, what time does Steve and Peter's class end?" I call to Bruce from across the lab.

"Uh, I think it was 5-7, why?"

I nod, I wonder how that's going. At least if Steve makes a mess it won't be in our kitchen.

"Just wondering. Friday what time is it?"

"6:45 PM"

"Thanks Fri."

"Bru-" I get cut off by my phone ringing.

"Incoming call from Not Steve."

Peter? I hurry over and answer the phone. Why would he be calling during his class.

Is he okay? Did something happen? My breathing speeds up and I try to calm myself down.

"Peter? You okay?" I ask quickly. There's an alarm going off in the background and distant shouting.

"Hey Tony! Uh, so, I think I might have messed up. I might have um.. made a few mistakes..." he says, voice trailing off.

The alarm in the background gets louder and it sounds like there's even more shouting going on. Oh god.

"How could you be so STUPID?" I hear someone on his end scream.

"Peter what's wrong? Are you okay? Did someone hurt you? Where's-"

"I'm okay! I'm okay, Steve's okay! But um, the kitchen might not be okay."