rest in peace

Chapter 62

Peter's Pov:

We all whip our heads to the location of the voice.

There's a few gasps.

"A... pirate?" Ned whispers then faints again.

Tony bursts out laughing.

Mr Director Nick Fury narrows his eye.

"Zip it Stark." He looks around the kitchen. "Anyone care to explain what is going on in here? Because I was called here for a meeting, and NONE of you look ready for a meeting."

Everyone looks to Clint, who groans.

"Fine guys, throw me under the bus like that."

Mr Director Nick Fury gives Clint a menacing look.

Clint takes a deep breath and begins.

"So, it all started when we discovered there was no food in the Tower. Except for a mouldy clementine, which Sam threw at Bucky, resulting in a full blown clementine throwing match, and ending with the clementine stuck to the ceiling. Then we went to Costco. We bought a lot of stuff, including my beautiful tractor. Tracty the Tractor, rest in peace. Anyways we didn't have anywhere to put it all, so we rented some moving trucks - problem solved. Except problem NOT solved because kind old Stephen over here, didn't tell us he could portal everything back so we struggled for nothing. So in the trucks, Steve Rhodey and Pepper had a disagreement, that I was unaware of because Tracty the Tractor and I were spending some quality time together on the busy roads and then some-"

°°°

"AND THEN, Steve forgot to turn the stove off, so he accidently melted a bowl. Then Bucky put his elbow on the hot burner, and threw the melted bowl of green beans into the air. So then there were green beans everywhere. Joining the pasta stuck to the ceiling. Honestly we should probably get that checked out like, why is the ceiling so sticky. Anyways, Steve was like urgh, Almond butter is delicious, and I was like EXCUSE ME?!!!!!?!??!?!? And he was like yeah it's delicious-"

°°°

"I was all like, oh no you don't! But then I missed and hit the wall, and to prove my point I wrote, in my beautiful handwritting, CLINT IS A COOL MINT, but because of the water, I slipped and got it on Sam. So then we had a duel."

°°°

"SO then we pulled out the chalkboard-"

"Okay, shut up Barton, I get the point!" Mr Director Nick Fury interrupts Clint, who'd been going on for close to an hour.

"I'm not done though." Clint frowns.

Mr Director Nick Fury ignores him. "I was called here for a meeting. I'll be in the meeting room, I want this room sparkling and to see you there CLEAN within 10 minutes." He says then turns on heels.

"Welp-"

"You heard the man, let's get this place clean!" Steve says, unsurprisingly taking charge.

Ned, who woke up during Clint's story, stands beside me as Steve gives us all a task. We have to remove everything stuck to the ceiling.

I hand Ned a green bin then jump up to the ceiling. I start picking beans and pasta off, tossing them into Ned's open bin then see Ned's wide o-shaped mouth.

I wince, oops. "It's, uh, special boots!" I point to my feet and Ned nods.

We continue in silence until there's one thing left.

"Uh, Steve? What about the clementine?" I call down.

Steve gives me empathetic smile, "Remove it? You don't have to, someone else can if you don't want to."

I sigh then gently nudge the clementine with my knuckles and it falls into the bin.

The end.

Of the mouldy clementine.

Rest in peace.

"WE HAVE 4 MINUTES EVERYONE!" Tony shouts.

"I think we're done," Steve says as we all look around at the now sparkling room. "Everyone get cleaned up, see you in the meeting!"

"Um, what about me?" Ned asks barely audible.

"Sorry kid, I don't think you'll be allowed in the meeting... you can wait somewhere else then join us for Thai food when it's over?"

"FYI, the last meeting was like three hours!" Scott laughs as he leaves the room.

"Oh, uh.." Ned looks to me.

"Don't feel like you need to stay, we can have Thai food another night." I smile.

"Okay, I'll go then, good luck at your meeting everyone! It was great meeting you all for the second time!" Ned walks out in a daze.

"Three minutes!" Steve says as he runs out.

I run up to my room, shower as fast as possible, get dressed in the first clothes I find then race downstairs.

I burst into the meeting room and see I'm not the last one. I sigh in relief.

"Nice clothes Cinnamon Roll." Pietro laughs.

I look down to see Hello Kitty pyjama pants and a oversized white tee shirt. I bite my lip and sit down beside Loki and Bruce.

Tony walks in and takes the final empty seat.

"That was 13 minutes but close enough. Let's begin."