Girl Meets New Home

Everest's POV

I stared out the window of the plane, Jade and Dad were seated elsewhere because the airline messed up our seating arrangements, the seat beside me was empty as the person hadn't come yet. I pulled out my sketch pad and started on the view of the runway with the sunset in the background, this was the only talent Maya and I shared, as I finished my drawing the occupant for the seat beside me arrived. They sat silently but I could feel their eyes on me, I turned my attention to them to see a dark-skinned man with black hair and dark brown eyes, his eyes fixed on my completed drawing.

"Oh I'm sorry" he said as his eyes met mine "I'm Lane Alexander" he held out his hand to me and I cautiously shook it "You are really talented, may I see some of your drawings if you don't mind?" I handed over my pad and he flipped through the pag...

"Oh I'm sorry" he said as his eyes met mine "I'm Lane Alexander" he held out his hand to me and I cautiously shook it "You are really talented, may I see some of your drawings if you don't mind?" I handed over my pad and he flipped through the pages "Wow" I watched his reactions and expressions carefully as it was the first time anyone had ever seen my work "I have never seen anything like this before and I work in a school for artistic students" I rose a brow "I'm a school counselor for Hollywood Arts".

"Yeah my sister goes there" I recognized the name as the one Jade spoke often about.

"You remind me of one of the students, Jade West, she's a bit wacky but also highly talented".

"Yeah, she's my sister" the man looked at me shocked "Half" he nodded in understanding.

"Do you have an interest in applying for Hollywood Arts for the new semester?" I shrugged "Well I don't know anything about music but these lyrics are amazing and something like that needs to be shared" he handed back my pad and looked at the page he was on, it was the song I had started to write the night before "There's a showcase coming up in a few months, I'll put you down as a maybe, what's your name?".

"Everest, Everest West".

The encounter with Lane had been on my mind constantly and I found myself completing the song. It was about Jade and Dad, how they helped me and did all they could, Jade had school but when she was home she would talk to me. We had gotten closer and I during the months and I had even smiled a bit, she tackled me when I had smiled at her for the first time, that night we made a pact to always be there for each other and let nothing come between us.

"We are sisters by chance" I had said to her.

"But best friends by choice," she told me, later that week as she took me shopping we had gotten matching tattoos.

(Jade's tattoo is on the left and Everest's is on the right)

(Everest has it on the same hand and finger only it points downwards)

Jade told me about the showcase and it was fast approaching, she asked if I wanted to go with her and I agreed, I contacted the school and they let me talk to Lane. I asked Dad if he could be there which confused Jade but she didn't say anything, Dad said he could and I smiled at him for the first time causing him to stare at me in shock but returned it with a small smile of his own. I started making the musical accompaniments for my song and although Jade has heard it because of the number of times I replayed it to get it perfect, she has been humming the rift for days now. The day of the showcase arrived and Dad, Jade, and I were seated when a commotion was heard, turns out a performer had an accident and had her sister swapped in for her, the girl came on scared but then got into the performance. The curtain came down only for it to go up again showing everyone arguing, I didn't know about what because Lane had signaled for me, I excused myself and followed him.

"Okay Kid, this is it," he told me, I gave him my phone and told him which track to play, he then evacuated everyone off the stage as the curtain lowered, I stood with the mic in my hands "Ladies and gentlemen we have a last-minute submission" the curtain rose revealing me to the audience.

"My name is Everest West and I wrote this song about 2 special persons that came into my life" the music started and I lost myself in the song.

I've been hearing symphonies
Before all, I heard was silence
A rhapsody for you and me
And every melody is timeless
Life was stringing me along
Then you came and you cut me loose
Was solo singing on my own
Now I can't find the key without you

And now your song is on repeat
And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat
And when you're gone, I feel incomplete
So if you want the truth
I just wanna be part of your symphony
Will you hold me tight and not let go?
Symphony
Like a love song on the radio
Will you hold me tight and not let go?

I'm sorry if it's all too much
Every day you're here, I'm healing
And I was runnin' out of luck
I never thought I'd find this feeling
'Cause I've been hearing symphonies
Before all, I heard was silence
A rhapsody for you and me
(A rhapsody for you and me)
And every melody is timeless

And now your song is on repeat
And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat
And when you're gone, I feel incomplete
So if you want the truth
I just wanna be part of your symphony
Will you hold me tight and not let go?
Symphony
Like a love song on the radio
Will you hold me tight and not let go?

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Ah ah, ah
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Ah ah, ah
And now your song is on repeat
And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat
And when you're gone, I feel incomplete
So if you want the truth
(Oh, oh, oh)

I just wanna be part of your symphony
Will you hold me tight and not let go?
Symphony
Like a love song on the radio
Symphony
Will you hold me tight and not let go?
Symphony
Like a love song on the radio
Will you hold me tight and not let go?