024

EUNBI

EUNBI

I walked back home with jungwon, as always.

"eunbi, I want to ask sohyun out for the dance, do you think she'll agree?!"

my heart sank, but I managed to give him a half hearted smile.

"I think she will. I mean, who would reject yang jungwon?!"

I said and he giggled.

"right, who are you planning to ask?!"

I shrugged,

"I don't know, I probably won't attend"

I said, my voice cracking.

"oh, okay. I'll see you later!"

he walked to his house and I entered mine, tears streaming out of my eyes.

I decided to watch something to get all the stress out of my mind. that's when I got a text from someone,

riki
hey!

me
ah riki, hi!

riki
I heard you had a dance and you didn't have a partner...

me
who told you?!!

riki
jungwon hehe

me
right ofc.
well yeah, it's true

riki
well then could I maybe accompany you?

me
omg sure!
it's a date

riki
great!
I'll pick you up saturday~

I didn't have a very good feeling about this. riki was a great guy! just move on eunbi, jungwon found a date anyways.

I went to sleep early that night, I hadn't been sleeping well for the past few days. something bad was gonna happen, I could feel it.

-

I woke up early, it was the day of the dance! I had ordered a dress online, it saved my time and my money!

I got the package and unboxed it. thankfully, it fit me and I hadn't gotten scammed.

I still had time so I decided to binge a small drama that would finish by evening, and luckily it did!

I got up and took a shower before changing for the dance.

after I was done, I wore the cold shoulder baby blue dress and started to do my makeup.

in the middle, I got a call from jungwon.

"yes, won?!"

"hi eunbi, just wanted to ask if you had already found a date?!"

he asked, anticipating my answer.

"uhh yes, I did find a date"

I said reluctantly.

"oh okay"

he said and cut the call. he sounded disappointed for some reason.

I continued my makeup not thinking much of it. how I wish I could go to the dance with you won, but I don't think it's meant to be.

I was done with my makeup and was now taking a selca when the doorbell rang as if right on cue.

I gasped,

"that must be riki!"

I opened the door and saw him wearing a gray suit, his blonde hair neatly done. I forgot I was in love with jungwon for a second.

(picture for reference besties !)

"wow riki you look, good"

I said and he chuckled.

"you looked good too! not as good as me of course"

he said sassily and I laughed.

"don't be too full of yourself nishimura"

I said and he laughed.

"come on, lets go!"

he said and I nodded. we walked to the auditorium where the dance would be held. I turned my head to see where he was but jungwon was no where to be found.

don't think about him! riki's your partner, not him.

I noticed that riki wasn't next to me and hearted cheering coming from the dance floor. he was cleaning the floor! just kidding, he was b-boying.

I sighed and leaved the auditorium, getting a call from jungwon.

"hello?!"

"eunbi..."

he said weakly. oh no, he was crying.