025

EUNBI

EUNBI

"jungwon-ah, what's wrong?!"

I asked him calmly, even though I was panicking inside.

"I know this is a lot to ask but can you come home?!"

"I'll be there"

for now, my main priority was jungwon, but I also had to tell riki so I made my way to him who was dancing.

"ah riki! I have to go, it's an emergency"

"it's jungwon hyung isn't it?!"

he asked and I nodded, giving him an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry"

I said, looking at the ground and he shook his head,

"it's okay, I know you like him. and plus, I'm having fun dancing and eating the dumplings, don't mind me"

he said and I nodded, giggling.

"you're the best friend I could ask for, let's hang out soon!"

I hugged him and left, running to jungwon's house in my black high heels.

I rang the doorbell once and jungwon opened the door with swollen eyes and a pink nose.

"oh my god what's wrong?!"

I asked him and he sat down on the couch, breaking down.

I gasped and hugged him immediately,

"I'm sorry jungwon"

I said and he hugged me back, letting tears fall on my dress.

I rubbed his back and he cried again for a while. I could do nothing but ruffle his hair to calm him down. sometimes, actions speak louder than words, and right now, I needed jungwon to know that I would always be there for him.

"thanks eunbi, I feel much better now"

he said and I nodded,

"it's no problem"

I was contemplating on asking him about whether he liked sohyun but I took a deep breath and asked him anyways,

"jungwon-ah, do you like sohyun?!"

I asked him and he shook his head,

"no, I don't like her. I mean, I used to"

I tilted my head,

"then why were you crying??"

he chuckled.

"well, I thought I lost my crush? my love? yeah, that. I thought my best friend would steal her, that I lost her. but I realized she's still there with me, and that's more than enough"

he said and I felt tears well up in my eyes. the second of relief thinking he didn't like sohyun was washed away with sorrow.

"ah, I'll get going now"

I grabbed my coat and was about to walk away when jungwon's voice stopped me,

"eunbi! since we couldn't do it last time, would you like to watch a movie with me now?!"