Chapter 40

[After school]

Rias=Alright then, we will start the preparation now.

I was at the occult research club old building with Issei and the others now.

After school, I and the others gather here to prepare for the school festival preparations. The "thing" that we will be presenting is Occult Mansion.

It was decided that we will be using the whole old-school building, and present lots of entertainment. There will be a ghost house, a fortune-telling room, a cafe, and many more. So like that it was decided to use all the ideas that we suggested.

We are given charge of the whole old-school building, so it was decided that we won't hold back and use it to the fullest.

There are rooms which aren't used and rooms which were turned into storage rooms. Using them we can do a ghost-house, fortune-telling, and a cafe.

Issei=Fuuu This is very tiring...

Just like that we are in the middle of customizing the old-school building for the school festival. We can do the changes quickly if we use our powers, but Rias said she wants to make it with our hands as much as possible. She said that she wants us to do all this as students. Well, I don't mind with that and agree with her opinion.

The girls are mainly making costumes and changing the interiors of rooms. They are making costumes for the café and the ghost-house, while others customize unused classrooms for personal use. For Ravel, who just joined us, this is her first time participating so this will be new to her. She is quite shocked although she is working very hard to help out.

Kiba, Issei and I are doing building procedures as we are the only man here. We cut and put together wood and such by using a hammer and a saw.

Y/n=Issei, hold the wooden plank over there. Kiba you hold the one over there.

Issei=Okay.

Kiba=Understood.

Just like that, Kiba, Issei and I are working with wood.

Azazel and Rossweisse are at the teachers meeting which takes place after school. It seems the minor parts of the school festival haven’t been decided yet. Though I think they are mostly discussing about important points for the student guardians.

My parents will also be attending the festival. Well, they are coming to see Asia though.

While we are cutting the wood with the saw, Kiba speaks.

Kiba=By the way guys. Do you two know Diehauser Belial?

Issei=That name certainly sounds familiar. There were times when Rias-senpai and Akeno-san were talking about that person, and Rias-senpai has been researching about him by watching videos of him. If I'm right he is...

Y/n=He's the champion of the Rating Game if I remember.

Issei=I was just about to say that.

Kiba=Yeah. He's ranked first in the official Rating Game. The current champion. The Diehauser Belial. He is the head of house of Belial, and the first monster since the house of Belial was formed. He is the real King of the game who has been standing at the top for a very long time. The person who is called Emperor Belial.

Issei=Emperor huh? That's an amazing title for someone who isn't a Maou.

Kiba=Rankings 20 and below are said to have a power on a totally different level, and if you are in Top-10, you would even be called a Hero. Ranks 5 and above are said to be unmovable. They have been standing in the top positions where they haven't moved their ranks for a long time. Especially the 3rd ranked Bedeze Abaddon, the 2nd ranked Roygun Belphegor, and the 1st ranked Diehauser Belial, they are Ultimate-class devils among Ultimate-class devils who have the power equal to the current Maou. Though, all three of them are said to not take any actions unless a large scale war were to happen. They have been researched due to the game's traits, and they are spoken well of by others.

Y/n=Abaddon and Belphegor huh? I've never heard of that household name before.

Issei=Me either.

Kiba=Well, they are Extra-Devil after all. Their households don't want to get involved with the current government, but among the households they are special cases. It seems like they basically cut ties with their household and are participating in the game.

Issei=But you know, if Sirzechs-sama and other Maou could participate in the game, then the rankings would be different.

Kiba=That can't be helped. Due to the game rules, Maou can't participate, unless their servants. But the thing is that they aren't interested.

Issei then whispered into my ear.

Issei=(It's quite rare for Kiba to share his thoughts like this with us. Is it proof that he is opening up to us?)

Y/n=(I think so)

Kiba=Either way, if you guys are aiming to become champion of the game in the future, I, Rias's Knight, will have to get involved in the world of the Rating Game as well.

[Time skip]
[A few days later]

I'm at home right now. And right now I'm teaching Asia how to control magic properly.

Y/n=Well, you're getting better at this. Stay focused and you will keep getting better.

Asia=Hai!

While we were training, suddenly a magic circle appeared on the floor. Hm, it looks like this is Ilvis's magic circle.

Asia=What is this?

In the next moment, a bright light filled the room and after that I saw Ilvis emerge from the magic circle.

Y/n=Ilvis, in what concerns did you come here?

Ilvis=My lord. I have a report I want to tell you.

Y/n=What is it?

Ilvis=Remember when you told me to investigate Jerga?

Y/n=Yeah, so have you got anything about him?

Ilvis=Yeah. I got the location where he is right now. Now he is in the dimensional gap.

Y/n=So he's been hiding there all this time eh?

Ilvis=It seems that way. Anyway, my lord are you planning to capture him?

Y/n=Yeah.

Ilvis=Well, about that...

Y/n=What's the matter?

Ilvis=I think it's impossible to do now.

Y/n=Why so?

Ilvis=Because he is no longer human, but a living magic. And since in the dimensional gap there is a lot of unraveling magic, he must have merged with the many magic flows there. It's hard to know his exact location but I'm sure he's in the dimensional gap..

Y/n=I see. Then I will leave everything to you. Keep investigating about Jerga and let me know again if you get anything

Ilvis=Yes my lord.

He then left.

Asia=Um, Y/n..

Y/n=Yes?

Asia=If I may ask.. who is Jerga?

Y/n=He's my enemy from the past. Anyway, let's put that aside. Now, let's continue your training.

Asia=O-Okay!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------