Chapter 25

Olivia sat with Lucas by the porch. "Here." As Lucas passed her a package and she wondered what was inside. She opened it hesitantly and found materials, sewing, and knitting kits. She found books inside, so she could study.

"Do you like them?" he asked.

"Yes, I do." She felt something that she didn't want to analyze. When the days began to pass, she would clean the whole house and cook. She would sweep outside, and water the plants. When the day finished, she would cook and wash the dishes.

Lucas wanted to help her, but she would beat him to it because she wanted to make up for what she had done. She wanted to lessen his burdens.

She got into their room and she went and changed into pajamas. When she got into the bed, Lucas turned to her.

"You don't have to do everything by yourself, I can help you."

"I can do it, Lucas, you don't need to worry about anything besides your painting."

"I want to help you, Olivia."

"I don't need it."

Lucas gave up on it, she would work for his forgiveness but what he really wanted was her love, but all he got was her labor.

He was glad that she had told him all of that but now she wasn't letting him help her. He wanted to be part of her life.

Days ran together, and Olivia felt as if she was letting Lucas down. She wasn't pleasing him, and she felt the distance grow.

Olivia sat outside, and she felt the sun on her face and she relaxed. She didn't notice Lucas until he was standing in front of her.

He had his canvas and he set it up, he went and took paints.

"Can I paint you?"

Olivia stood immediately and turned the chair towards him, and sat down.

"How do you want me to pose, Lucas?" as she sat upright.

"Relax, and just be there."

Olivia started to blush a bit when Lucas was looking at her. He started to speak with her and she responded a bit not wanting to break her pose, but she lost it when she laughed at Luca's joke.

"You have a beautiful smile." As he carried on painting her.

She was oddly pleased that he found her smile beautiful. When he was done, he didn't show her the painting, and Olivia didn't question him. If he didn't want to show it to her then she would respect that and let it be.

"Do you want some tea?" she offered him.

"Yes, please."

Olivia got up and she got his favorite tea and prepared it exactly how he liked it and bought it out to him.

She also got some scones and they ate.

She felt replenished and looked at Lucas, he smiled at her and she returned the favor.

Olivia felt happy, and she was enjoying her time here. She was going to learn all these things and make life easier for Lucas.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava