Chapter 34

Olivia came to her senses and she abruptly stopped the kiss. She looked down, feeling a bit mortified as to why she had responded in that manner.

Lucas gently took her hand and when she looked at him, he had gentleness in his eyes too. He wasn't upset with her but he had an understanding look in his eyes.

They made the rest of their way back in silence. Neither one of them spoke for the rest of the way. Olivia made sure to enjoy the scenery for the rest of the way home.

She wanted to quiet her heart but it didn't work. She could hear it harder and harder. They got there and Maya and Bernard had left and she was relieved.

She poured some lemonade for them and they sat outside and watched the sky. It wasn't as beautiful as down by the lake but it was certainly soothing. She sipped on some lemonade that she had made and was happy on how it had turned out. She was at least good at something.

When it became super late, they got up and went to their room. Lucas pulled her into his arms and snuggled closer. She liked being held by him but if it were any other men she would have been repulsed.

As the days went by Olivia found herself wanting to see Lucas more and more, when he left she couldn't wait for him to come back. His presence was now starting to become her joy, and she at times would feel a bit dependent on him.

He spoke and she listened, he would smile and her stomach would be filled with butterfly's, he would wink at her and she felt as if the world would stop, that's when she realized that she was falling in love with him.

This is what love was, she would have to be dependent on men for how long? She couldn't bear the thought of Lucas not loving her anymore. Her feelings were now bringing her turmoil. She tried hard to crush them and to think about something else but her mind kept on drifting and she would end up wondering where and what Lucas was up to.

That night they went to sleep,

"No....No."

Olivia woke up and the moonlight provided some light, she turned and saw that Lucas was bathed in sweat and he was probably having a nightmare.

She shook him lightly, "Lucas, wake up."

He woke up and she saw that whatever dream he was having was really bad. He looked vulnerable and that twisted her heart. She put her arms around him and pulled him to her. She stroked his hair and she felt some happiness when he relaxed against her.

Early access to chapters: https://www.patreon.com/posts/prostitute-and-56937515?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link