Chapter 26

When the sun began to set, Olivia watched in serenity, was this all real? Most people that she had known would require something in return.

Lucas had finished painting her but he wouldn't show her what he had painted, he said when he had done the finishing touches then he would show her.

Olivia had agreed, whatever Lucas wanted she would give it to him, she wanted to make his life better.

Even if Lucas had chosen not to show her the painting, she wouldn't have pestered him.

Olivia looked over to find Lucas was sound asleep. He looked peaceful, like a child. She smiled a bit,

She stood up and took the teacups they were drinking and headed to the kitchen. Olivia placed them in the sink and she was going to start on dinner.

Olivia put the meat on the stove so that it would boil whilst she pilled some potatoes,

Olivia jumped a bit when she felt Lucas stand behind her and he rested his head on her shoulder,

"Is something wrong Lucas?"

"No, I just woke up you wasn't there. So I panicked a bit." Lucas wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I didn't want to wake you, you seemed to be resting well. I wanted to start on dinner."

Lucas nodded, "let me go get some oranges and make fresh juice. I will be back soon."

Olivia nodded, "that would be nice." she loved Lucas's fresh juice.

Lucas placed a kiss on the curve of her neck, and he let her go. He went out and Oliva only realized then that she had been holding her breath.

Was she nervous? No couldn't be?

She shook her head and went over to the stove. She took a cloth and opened the pot. She took a stirring spoon and felt the texture of the meat. It was nearly cooked. She added more spices, and the aroma was filling the whole place. The front door was open so the aroma was spreading fast everywhere.

She finished peeling the potatoes, then she proceeded to cut them. Wash them and put them in the pot.

"Smells amazing Olive."

"Thank you, but Olive?"

Lucas smiled at her, "The Hebrew word for the olive tree is es shemen, which literally means tree of oil. It is from a primitive root meaning to shine. It means richness, anointing, fat, fruitful, oil, ointment, and that's what you are to me. You bring richness into my life. That's why I'm going to be calling you by that name."

Olive felt something within her move, "um. Okay."

Lucas showed her the full oranges that he had gotten, he began to work on the juice as she finished cooking, she was done with the meat and potatoes. All that was left was the salad which shouldn't take long.

Lucas set up the table and put the juice on the table as well. He came back and carried the salad bowl as she carried, the bowl with potatoes and the other with meat.

Lucas prayed as per usual and she would just sit there,

When he was done, they dished up and dug in.

"This is divine."

"Thank you," she replied shyly.

She washed down her food with the exquisite juice Lucas made. It was fresh and it felt smooth against her throat.

She felt full and replenished, Olivia jumped a bit when a dark-haired appeared out of nowhere, she was about to scream, when Lucas stood up abruptly

"Maya!"

He went up to her and pulled her into his arms.

A/N: Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava Happy reading Xxx :)