Chapter 29

Olivia wanted to get up and leave but she didn't. She knew that he wouldn't taunt her, not that Maya hadn't already done that.

Bernard turned to Maya, "So what are you talking to her about?"

"I was just telling her the story of how I met Lucas."

Bernard grinned, "That's quit a classic isn't it?"

"It is." Maya touched her heart in a dramatic movement.

They both laughed, Bernard turned to her, "Why did you run away last time?"

"What do you mean?" Maya said.

"Don't you know, she ran away recently from Lucas, after he had done so much for her. She got tired of him but as you know Lucas searched for her and I guess he found her."

Olivia hung her head feeling ashamed.

"I'm guessing you went back to what you did?" Bernard probed.

Olivia couldn't reply because what he said was true and she felt ashamed.

"When do you plan on leaving him again?" and this time it was Maya who had posed the question. Olivia looked up, "I won't leave him."

They both laughed at her. "That's what you say now. Better leave him now, your job is done now that Maya is here." Bernard said.

"I'm serious." She said quietly.

"Lucas will see right through eventually Olivia and when he does you will bite the dust. Someone of your calibre can never be with the likes of a man like Lucas."

"That's what I told her." Maya added.

Olivia felt the heaviness in her heart become heavier and heavier. She wanted to run and hide but she couldn't. She felt suffocated.

"Why are you breaking a sweat?" Bernard said mockingly. "Are you now realizing what we all know."

Olivia lifted her head, "Lucas married me."

"So, what?" Maya said bitingly.

Olivia took a deep breath, "He chose me to be his wife and as you said he thinks things through. And he loves me."

Bernard's scowl was more prominent on his face, "Don't for a second think that Lucas married you because of love. He was blinded by your evil beauty."

"He probably felt sorry for her, you know that our Lucas has a big heart, and he likes to help charity. Don't confuse beauty for lust." Maya added in.

Olivia wanted to run away and hide, when she was about to excuse herself Lucas emerged.

Olivia felt very self-conscious, so she didn't look at him much.

"Go grab a chair and come have a seat." Maya said.

"No worries." Lucas replied.

"Aren't you sitting?" Bernard asked.

"I am." Lucas said, he walked up to Olivia and he held out his hand. Olivia took it and he pulled her up then he sat down, and he pulled her onto his lap.

After she was seated on his lap, he put his arms around her and kissed her on the cheek.

"I missed you." He whispers in her ear. She felt safe now that Lucas was there, and she liked his arms around her. Which alarmed her a bit.

Olivia sees Maya stiffen where she is a seating and Bernard doesn't look all too pleased.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava