Chapter 32

Olivia was focused on the warmth of his hand too and she felt herself blush a bit.

"Can you two stop the public indecency," said Maya.

Olivia pulled her hands free from Lucas completely, what had gotten into her as of late? Lucas turned around and grinned at her.

She felt trapped at how close he was and hoped that her face would not give away much. Lucas touched her face, "Why are you so red?"

Olivia felt Lucas's hand, and she got hotter, "It's probably the sun." she stammered.

"Let's get out the water and get you something to drink then," Lucas replied.

"That is a great idea."

Olivia waded out the water followed by Lucas, they went to the blanket and sat down. Lucas poured her some juice and she took it and drank it gratefully.

He poured himself some too when she saw Maya and Bernard make their way to them. As Lucas sat across her, Maya sat next to him.

Olivia felt a pang of jealousy creep into her and she pushed it away, she had no right to be jealous of a man such as Lucas. She was lucky to be his wife and she wouldn't blame him if he thought Maya was a better fit for him. Yet she couldn't control her heart,

Lucas handed Maya a drink and she saw how her hands touched his when she took the glass, and then he did the same for Bernard. Who was looking at them with a face of approval, they seemed like a happy family, and she the intruder. Which she was as they had known Lucas for way longer.

She brushed those thoughts away, they dished up some food and dug in.

"Do you like it, Lucas?" Maya asked.

"It's divine as always."

"I must say the juice is quite fresh," Maya replied.

"I made it for today's occasion but my main reason for making it was Olivia. She loves this orange juice." Lucas winked at her.

Olivia smiled a bit, and she was touched that Lucas had thought about her when he made this, even the tiniest of things he knew about her and made it for her.

Olivia saw Maya scowl at Lucas's response and stopped smiling. The rest of the afternoon was nice, the breeze was amazing. When Olivia was full she got up and looked out towards the water.

The scenery was peaceful and she wanted to enjoy it, she took in the sun on the water. She sighed how life could be peaceful all thanks to the smallest things in life that one could make the most of.

Olivia felt arms go around her and she knew by the scent that it was Lucas.

"Beautiful ain't it?" Lucas whispered in her ear.

"Yeah."

Her heart started to race when Lucas rested his head on the curve of her neck. Watching the sunset with him holding her seemed so magical that even she couldn't believe that it was real.

It felt as if she was in another whole new world. They finally went back to Maya and Bernard, they packed up everything and they returned back.

Lucas took a quick shower as she waited in the room when he came out he told her that he had run a bath for her and she should take her time.

When Olivia got to the bathroom she was touched, he had switched on candles for her, as the scent was amazing. She closed the door and stripped off her clothes, and got into the bathtub.

When she was done, she blow-dried her hair and put on some comfy clothes. She could smell the aroma from the kitchen and when Olivia got there she found Maya way too close to Lucas,

Early access to Book one completed: www.patreon.com/taniashava