Chapter 35

After a couple of nights, Lucas would wake up covered in sweat and when the nightmare was really bad, she would often wake him up by shaking him lightly. Tonight, was one of those nights where he was really having a bad one again. She shook him lightly.

"Lucas, wake up."

He woke up and he stared at her. He pulled her quickly into his arms. Olivia woke up after some time and saw that it was dark out. She turned and saw that Lucas was also missing. She jumped out of bed and ran downstairs and she wondered if he had sleepwalked.

She saw that he was nowhere in sight and she ran outside, she sighed in relief when she saw him standing in the moonlight and looking out. He seemed to be deep in thought. Olivia contemplated if she should go and interrupt him?

She thought against it and sat quietly by the porch. She saw him lift his hands to the sky and murmur. After some time, Lucas turned and spotted her. He motioned for her to come over, she stood up abruptly and went over to him.

When she reached him, he held out his hand for her and she took it.

"When did you get here?" he asked.

"Some time ago. I noticed you weren't in bed so I came looking for you."

He smiled down at her and his eyes gleamed, "You were worried about me?"

Olivia looked away from self consciously, "I...I don't know."

"Will you dance with me?"

"Now, in the middle of the night?"

"Yes, Olivia. Will you do me the honor of dancing with me?"

Olivia giggled and took his hand. "Of, course."

"I love hearing that sound."

"What sound?"

"Your giggle."

Lucas pulled her closer and he started moving to the night sounds. He whirled her around and her heart skipped a beat.

His warmth was soaking into her. She rested her head on his shoulder.

"Will you sing for me, Olivia?"

Olivia drew back, "I can't sing."

He smiled at her, "You can."

"I can but not very well."

He laughed, "Well I will sing for you then."

She nodded, he started to sing and she was enchanted. Olivia rested her head on his shoulder blade and felt him radiating.

She felt lost and she didn't want to wake up from this wonderful dream that she was having. She felt as if she was on top of the world. She looked up at Lucas and he placed a light kiss on her mouth. She savored his touch.

She closed her eyes and let Lucas have her wholly. Just for tonight, she would let herself go and be here with only him.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava