Chapter 28

"It's about to time me and you have a chat, Olivia."

"Okay."

"Is your real name even Olivia? Or is it just your stage name?" said Maya.

"It is my real name."

"How did you and Lucas meet exactly?" Maya said with disdain.

"He came to where I worked."

"And?" Maya said impatiently.

"He paid for my time then, he helped me out and I ended up marrying him."

"Why did you marry Lucas?"

"He asked me to and I couldn't do much for myself."

Maya sneers, "I doubt it, I think you figured out that he has money and now you are going to use him."

"No, I don't have any intention of taking his money."

"That's what you say, but I can see right through you."

Olivia gained her composure, "I have no intention of taking advantage of him."

"You don't Olivia, because I am here, and I will not let you take advantage of him!"

"Okay." She nodded, Maya had a point and she was obviously worried about her friend and Olivia understood that.

"Let me tell you a story about destiny Olivia."

Olivia just nodded her head and she waited for Maya to tell her.

"You see one fateful day I came from school early and my brother was already at home. I heard laughter in the living room and I knew it was my brother, but I didn't know who the other one was. So, I walked in and there sat, obviously you have already guessed. Lucas. My brother introduced me to him and I could scarcely breathe. His voice was hypnotizing, and I still remember the look he gave me. He even said I was pretty."

Maya takes a deep breath, "Days went by and the more Lucas came to visit, the closer we got. To the point that at times my brother wouldn't be at home and we would hang out instead, he would walk me home, he was always there during my bad days to cheer me up, he would surprise me at school and bring me some food. I would do anything for him. He was different from all the other guys, but I had to go overseas to study, but I knew when I come back Lucas and I would take it from where we left off, obviously, that is going to take much longer than I anticipated because you are now an obstacle that I have to get over."

Olivia swallowed a lump; would Lucas leave her if Maya confessed her feelings to him?

"By the look on your face, I presume that you know that Lucas would choose me over you, Oliva. As I said before your beauty is the only thing that is going for you, and beauty is not enough my dear Olivia. Do you have a degree?"

Oliva looks down at her hands and she swallows a bigger lump, "No, I don't."

Maya laughs cynically, "Lucas will be bored soon if he can't have an intellectual conversation with you then..."

Olivia feels very heavy, she would have to work hard to get her degree, so she wouldn't bring Lucas to shame for her lack of knowledge.

"Don't look so down Olivia. I'm sure you will find someone else to take advantage of when Lucas divorces you. The only problem is that how much are you going to drain from him. In terms of emotionally, mentally, and financially."

Olivia feels as if she has been punched in the gut, she didn't think that things could get any worse, but they did. Bernard arrived, and he sat down.

A/N: Hey all if you want early access to chapters you can go to: www.patreon.com/taniashava

It's an awesome community and looking forward to seeing you there if you join much Xx