Chapter 17: A Freak of nature

"Tagia...The mighty city that is relatively close to the borders. It's really ironic when you think of it, Mister Alfred. How am I running from my country to the most deadliest and fearsome enemy of it. The martizian empire". Louis meditated on their status quo.

"Just keep your pride and loyalty low out there. And If you asked me, which won't happen. I would trade your clothes for simple ones" answered Alfred with a smirk on his face. as if he gloated about how things turned out for the prince.

He continued. "Believe me when I say this, prince. King Marcus the fair, knows how to treat his people with dignity better than that oger In the canterpool"

"I heard there was an undetained and unrealistic distance in the behaviour of governance between the two kings. Maybe that's why the two nations never reached an understanding and were always exchanging threats as the flag of war, more than once, was raised up high but it lacked that spark that should ignite it". Said Louis.

"Correct, and for that we-... oh! Why do you look at that... We are here!" Alfred smiled.

"Welcome to TAGIA!" said Alfred proudly, pointing to his home with his head. His voice- indeed was referring to a merry sight as their eyes made contact with its gigantic walls made of the finest stones. So big that Louis questioned if it was made by the hands of men or... something else...

It was about 90 meters high or so. With garrison on the ready above and One sturdy gate in their way. Such awing architecture made Diana consider why her town never had one of those good-looking walls.

The exhausted group felt some refreshment knowing that the Town's gate was less than a mile away and that their long journey had almost reached its end.

"So where is that doctor you said you had?" Diana questioned.

"Only healers" Alfred responded. "Once we reach my house, we will fetch your boy one.

"Just follow me," said the man with a boring tone.

They reached the gate, and the guards halted them and checked for their weapons and identities. Diana's heartbeat began to race; she don't know how the Town citizens would react seeing the prince of Another country entering their front gates.

Fortunately, the journey already erased any traces of wealth from him, plus Alfred's face was well known to the guards, so they allowed all three of 'em to pass on his behalf.

On their way to Alfred's house:

"Hey, what's wrong, my dear?" said Diana with a soft voice while putting her slim hand on Louis's back. She noticed how dull were his eyes.

"Come on, Chins up! I assure you, we will find a way to fix your arm"

"It's is not like that" he began "I am just worried about your safety"

"Me, Why? I am safe as long as you are by my side" Diana chuckled. Clutching his healthy arm with her thin arms.

"That's what worries me, what if..."

"Hey," she halted him. "You think too much, that you forgot we were sharing this burden together, remember? That means giving your brain some rest. We are safe here for now, wain can't reach us here, my dear" Diana comforted her beloved future husband with a tiny kiss on his cheek.

Louis's cheek burned red, it was the first time a girl's lips touched his face. A dirty part of his brain even wanted to ask for more than a kiss. but deep inside...Every time he sees her smile and those black orbs of hers filled with all the love he wanted. Her presence alone by his side makes his heart melt away.

"HEY lovebirds, we are here" Alfred shouted to the couple behind him, ruining the moment for both of them while pointing for his house.

The house was really beautiful and had some planted trees around it. it was way better than her old oak house back in Endora, and even more lovely than any palace of a king. while the group was approaching the house, Diana noticed a pretty woman reading a book and sitting on a rocking chair with a bizarre big belly.