Chapter 29: Suprise at Tagia

Diana looked back one last time at Ontoga while smiling. Happy with what she helped to accomplish. She moved on to Tagia, leaving past grief to focus on planning for the future.

The trip passed smoothly and quietly. Some talking here and there but most of the time they were enjoying the quietness of nature while they were passing through the forest.

In the early evening, they arrived at the gates of the Town of Taiga. They split up. Sebastian took Maria and the carriage, returning to what's left of Diana's Town; to rebuild it with the protectors who are now free to take plenty of gold from the treasury back at the castle. which was more than enough to reconstruct the town.

After a tight hug from Maria. They left Diana in the custody of her uncle again, with a promise that the next time she would go back to her home. Her father would be her companion. That is. If she actually managed to save him.

As the journey back to Tagia was nearing its final stop, a conversation started when Alfred looked at Diana with a query, speaking a piece of his mind.

"Does it still hurt?". He asked without introductions.

"My face or my stomach?". She trickily backfired.

"Your face". He said coldly.

"Yes"

"You still have that grudge, ha? You still see me as a coward"

"No, but I don't see any resemblance to say you are my uncle either"

His head flicked back in amazement. "I just saved your life two days ago!"

"It doesn't change the fact that you hit me in front of everyone. Hell, YOU are the last part of my family and you are treating me like a whore! "

"That's because I am not soft like your protector. I am the bad version of him"

"Fine, be as you like". She sped up forward to avoid his company.

"Oh, come on. Now I am ignored because I speak the truth!?". He raised his voice a bit to reach her.

She stopped in her tracks. "What bloody truth?! your excuses for the absence of humanity are absolute garbage! You hit me to protect your ego from the ONLY truth. Ask and Miss Marigold would approve"

"She already did. She didn't stop punching my eardrums with protests after that foxy prince told us everything. She is the reason why we are having this debate"

She narrowed her eyes and hid the build-up of rage from the ongoing useless dialogue.

"Pioneer, what the hell do you want with me?!". She stated

"To...um...Darn..."

"What, the cat got your tongue?"

He didn't respond to the teasing instead. He knelt on one knee while exposing the left side of his face. "Give it your best shot"

Her eyes flicked with awkwardness..."You are joking, right?"

"Why would you th...AW!".

"Serves you right, mate". She said while shaking off the impact power left in her hand.

The slap came swift and loud on his face. People in the street saw what happened. Some had their mouth open from the controversial request that has been answered quite brutally.

"What the hell was your father feeding you!?". He held his hot red face with his arm.

The girl burst into a cute loud laugh that broke the tension around faster than expected.