Chapter 38: Shock and awe

"Hey, hey. Do you hear that? something is happening outside!" A girl whispered.

"Yes, I hear it too. Could it be our so-called salvation army?" Another female responded with high hopes.

"Everything is possible in this despicable town, might as well another kingdom would want another piece of our land!"

"Wowow, you two shut it, I hear footsteps on the balcony!" A third female whispered roughly. All pair of eyes stared carefully at the doors of the balcony, stepping backwards in fear, gathering around themselves, and taking shelter behind each other. While they witnessed a shadow of a person crawling under the door.

The balcony door was opened slowly with a squeaking voice. A short-young man stepped in, carrying a long rope, and equipped with a sword and two daggers.

"Glad I am not late," he said, with a sense of internal relief.

The girls stood up with mindfulness, trembling. They looked afraid, with tired eyes and dirty clothes.

"a..and w-who you might b-be?" Said a very little girl, about 10 years old.

"Your transportation out of here, The king already sent reinforcement and General Joseph is librating your town as we speak" he comforted them

At the end of his speech, a loud bang echoed downstairs.

The Backstabbers broke through the main door, unleashing their fury on the garrison, killing the last of the retreating enemy maggots across the halls of the building.

The shouts of the battle downstairs reached the defenceless hostage's ears, filling them with uneasiness.

"So what are we waiting for? Let's get going!" a 19-year-old girl took the lead.

Louis directed the girls as they took a queue and descended towards the ground by the rope fastened to the balcony, one by one they safely reached the ground where two men were awaiting them to drive them to safety.

There were at least 10 girls there, a small number to what he expected to find, and to add it up Diana wasn't among those poor souls.

"Is this all of you?" Louis asked a 19-year-old girl.

"Of course, not! We were hundreds before they split us out! I heard they had distributed us across the captains as Spoils. But the larger quality portion was sent here as a property to their bloody general. That said, there was this special girl"

Louis's eyes narrowed as the hostage continued carefully: "We heard him speaking to one of his captains about how capturing her was a great win for them and bragged about how their king would be happy to put his hands on this girl to him, not that I care of cou-"

"WHERE IS SHE!!! WHERE IS THAT SPECIAL GIRL !" he grabbed her arms tightly, shaking her with wide eyes.

The girl exchanged a vague expression with Louis. "Hold on, Why you ca-...oh God" (she finally realized it) "He probably took her to his room downstairs but wait-"

The girl extended her arm to warn her mysterious reckless saviour from something. But he ignored her and swiftly ran out of the room.

Out of the room, there was another battlefield The Backstabbers were fighting the bodyguards. There were men and women battling sword to sword, and corpses everywhere.

He was amazed at the quickwork of the Backstabbers yet he didn't want to interfere with the battle in anyway.

Find Diana now. That was his goal. So He found his way around the fighting soldiers to the ground floor below, opening every room he could find.