Chapter 30: Their call to War

5 days later...

Peace returned to Diana's life once again. her belly wound was halfway to full recovery. Now she knows what to do next. She needs to reach the town 'Shan' before any other bad scenarios take place for her father.

On bigger scope. The news spread like water in a sponge. Everyone was talking about the fall of the mighty Red Castle and the revolt that happened there.

Happiness engulfed both people's kingdoms. Some merchants were grateful that the road passing by the castle was safe and secure from dangers once more and an open route between the two countries was once again established. Others looked differently at the subject. Rumours from the royal palace stated that the news reached King Marcus's ears.

Despite his pleasure, He couldn't figure out the part of Alfred's men breaching the castle. Alfred made sure none of his men or the former prisoners spelt a word about what happened on that glorious day.

According to the rumours, the king only knew about the revolution or the coup but never had that piece of info about the identity of the small army that Alfred brought.

Until that certain day finally arrived...

"Hey, you are pretty good at it," Diana said surprisingly while Louis was brushing her blonde silky hair. His fingers held her yellow hair strings while slowly moving the brush over it.

"I used to brush my sister's hair a lot so brushing your hair isn't that hard" he explained happily while brushing her hair softly. Fixing and organizing her messy interwind blonde hair with his hand and the brush.

While Diana was sitting smiling, waiting for him to finish. She remembered her father. It was his job to brush her hair every while and then. Feeling nice that Louis reminds her of that good memory.

"aaand Done," Louis said loudly. But before he let her off the hook. He moved her blonde hair aside and side-kissed her neck.

"Stop, that tickles!" She chuckled and laughed. She wiggled, internally begging him to stop.

He did stop but after receiving a quick cheek kiss. She smiled at him, lost in the details of his eyes. They both slowly approached each other for a pure lip kiss.

When a strange loud voice disturbed the air...

Louis halted and shifted his head to where he presumed the voice coming from "Couldn't this man shout at any time but now?" He protested.

She backed away from her prince to check that sound. "Maybe it is important we should try checking it out" she said. Louis frowned sadly. Another moment between them was ruined by a third party.

Great.

They both left their room and that man was still shouting unrecognizable phrases. He was declaring something in the street next to the house. The couple descended the stairs steadily. They saw Marigold looking through the window with her child between her arms.

"What's that all about, ma'am?" Louis asked.

"He is shouting about an urgent meeting to all the citizens of Tagia, immediately "

"Where's my uncle?"

Marigold looked at Diana. Tiredness was all over her face. The weight of the motherhood responsibilities sure was exhausting.

"I don't know he said he would buy some fruit but didn't return yet," she said. jiggling her child who was about to cry. and hushing him with her mother's voice.

"Should we go to that meeting?" Diana exclaimed.

"Won't you wait for Alfred to return?" Louis asked with crossed arms.