CHAPTER 41: Lost and Found

Diana speaks

I extended my hand to the door's handle and circled it to the left. The lock clicked and the door was open slowly.

I crept my eyes from behind the doors and...

I SAW HIM

His back was facing me. He was kneeling in the middle of a beautiful garden cutting weed from some roses.

That was him a'right. A strong body but with a child's humanity within, filled with care and integrity.

My heart was about to stop. I was about to pass out of joy.

IT WAS REALLY HIM !

The protector that loved me to the end, is a few feet away taking care of some flowers.

After my abduction. My escape from the palace and the demise of my town. After meeting my uncle and venturing with my life at the Red Castle. After my second abduction and being rescued by the love of my life.

So much happened, and they all tried to prepare me for this moment. The moment when I take back what was stolen from me.

However. . . I didn't expect that after all those events. . . I would take a step back instead. I felt consumed. I stormed an entire castle alone but I couldn't approach my father to remember his long-lost daughter back.

"Diana, what are you doing!? He is right there!". My Louis whispered from my back.

"I can't, Louis! I can't face him!". I whispered back while sobbing.

"Ok, Then I will!"

"Wait, wha- Louis! What are you doing?!". I told him to stop but he just kept going towards my dad.

"Excuse me, sir". Louis began.

My father tilted his head a bit to the left. "This is a restricted area. If you seek a consultant, seek Father Vivian. He should help you find whatever you want". His voice tone was deeper than the depth of the ocean but threatening as a wild tempest.

"I know. We already spoke with him". Louis responded.

The protector's hand stopped what they were doing.

"Who's we?". My father asked. And my body began to melt inside out despite how cold my pa talked.

The next moment, I saw Louis approach me, grabbing my hand and pulling me in.

I didn't resist this time. I already lost the energy to pull myself back.

"Turn around to know, my father-in-law"

I looked at Louis with tearing eyeballs. Who on earth introduce himself like that?!

Of course, the protector didn't obey. He cuckeled jokingly at my Louis. "I think, you are looking for another man, Boy. I don't have daughters available for marriage"

"What! Oh, for God's sake. Richard! I have your Diana right here next to me!"

My father flinched when he heard my name. He threws the cutter of the weed away, breaking a jar nearby. He was losing his patience and temper. Louis just hit his weakness.