Chapter 3.

TOBI

While I study this woman standing in front of me, a lot of thoughts run through my mind but one of them stood out. It is something that makes me perplexed anytime she does this her impulsive thing.

"You have guts." I voice out, astonished by the fact that she practically barged into the office. I watch her straighten her figure while keeping up the frown on her face. She is stubborn, I give her that.

"Mr. Bankole, there are some documents you need to sign as a matter of urgency." The way she calls my name; like she is the one paying my salary. What sort of woman is this? Always trying to prove a point.

"Miss. Lawal, calm down and sit." She is startled. I think she expected another reaction from me. Her facial expression almost gives off her surprise.

"Where are the credit notes?" I ask her. This question is deliberate to make her know that I did not forget.

"In my office." She responds.

"And you came here without it? What exactly was your point, barging in if you did not come with it."

"I just wanted to remind you." Must she respond to everything? God!

"I am well aware of it. Get them so I can sign."

"Okay." She responds and leaves.

"Who is she?" Joan asks the minute the door closes.

"Farida." For the first time I call her first name.

She seems interesting. She speaks.

"Just keep it in mind that she is headache personified."

"Ehen?" She smirks.

"Anyway, hope you're still coming as my date for my cousin's wedding?" She asks.

"I'll think about it." Her family has been troubling her to get a man. Her hopes are that they seeing me would lessen the pressure they exert on her in regards to that.

"What is it with you and your recent shakara? Nigerian girls have been whining you, abi?"

"You're not serious. The Nigerian girls I have been seeing don't have what it takes." I am obviously joking. Met quite a number of nice-looking ones.

"I seriously pick offense."

"Eiyahh.."

"I swear, you are not nice."

The shrill ring of the office land line cuts into our conversation.

"She is here, Sir." Ugomma informs me.

"Let her in." I direct her. She could have just barged in like before. Note my sarcasm. Crazy woman.

"Hello. Here it is." She looks up to me and smiles a little. Without saying a word, I collect the documents and go through them before signing. Once I am done, I hand it over to her and watch as she walks out. I study her closely, and that is when I notice it. A shiny object at her ankles. An anklet and damn did it look beautiful on her feet. Through this week, she wore trousers so they were not obvious but this time, the skirt she wore easily gave them off.

"Let me not say anything. Just please come to the wedding this weekend." My eyes widen when I hear that.

"I thought it was next week." This Saturday was already fixed for surveying a sight on which we wanted to build another station.

"No. It's this week. Kai, Tobi you have forgotten." She slaps her hand across her head in frustration.

"Don't worry. I'll sort it out." Guess we're just going to have to shift this survey for the next week.