Chapter 23.

FARIDA

Grinnnnnnnn!

Ah!

This stupid alarm does not have respect. How dare it disturb my sweet sleep? It is when I am at the peak of my sleep that it decides to ring. My hand goes up my bedside locker to turn it off. Five minutes later, it goes off again. I thought I turned this damn thing off!

Wait a minute. I broke my phone last night amidst anger. So, why is the alarm ringing? Quickly, my head jerks up and I see a phone pack with a sticky note on it.

You are the most annoying person I have ever met.

The phone is yours.

-Tamara.

Wow. Seriously? I don't deserve these ladies. Immediately, I get off my bed and sprint out of my room, down the stairs. I am all smiles when I get down, however, remembering the circumstances with which we all parted ways last night, my steps on their own accord starts to slow down.

Bukky acts like she did not notice my presence while Tamara is in the kitchen, cooking. Like Bukky, she completely ignores me when our eyes meet. I walk hurriedly to hug behind her.

"Thank you." I state and she goes on ignoring me.

"Tam, I am sorry." I say with puckered lips.

"When you are in your feelings, you just lash out anyhow. It's annoying, jare." She points out. I agree, though. It's now that it's dawning on me that I over reacted.

"Bukky..": I skip to where this one is. She's a tougher nut top crack.

"I am sorry." She surprisingly nods, still giving me the silent treatment. After several apologies that involved me fooling myself, she finally smiles and hugs me, warning to control my temper and also reminding me never to vent about Tobi to her, again. Well, I guess that will never happen because henceforth, Semilore is the person he'll keep meeting with. I transferred all dealings that had to do with him to her. She is in charge of that particular venue and will be in touch with him henceforth.

"Tam Tam. Thanks for the new phone."

"You're welcome. You owe me one." I just chuckle and nod my head, knowing fully well that she's not serious about that aspect.

The office did not require my presence today, so staying at home it is. By 8am, Tamara and Bukky are already out for work, leaving me alone. I have been thinking about another business idea, something around shoes. I want to have my own shoe brand that sells here in Nigeria, for a start.

Taking out my Campus Report Pad, I start jotting down random thoughts on how the brand should be, what sort of presence I want to have in Nigeria, what I want my brand to represent and also, funny enough, what sort of logo I want. This point gets me stuck and I just sigh, wiping off the sweat on my forehead before heading to pick a bottle of water from the fridge.

I make a mental note to conduct appropriate research for the necessary procedures involved and if possible, travel to learn more about this sort of business. Brands like ShoesbyFlora are already in existence and I need to know the basic facts involved because anything I set my mind to, I have to put in the work for its to be a long-term stuff.

The balcony is where my feet lands as I admire the view from here. The pool downstairs tempts me but I resist the urge to swim. Instead, I just lay on the long chair, taking a quick nap.

TOBI

"If that is all, Sir. We would get into action immediately." The woman whose name I later found out to be Mrs. Semilore on the day we first met, states.