Chapter 24.

FARIDA

Beauty truly is pain. This torture these two have put me through today just to look dazzling for this date. Damn! It was a torture but I would not say I did not enjoy the pampering. I love the after effect of waxing but I hate the way the process prickles the skin.

I am finally done getting ready. Funny enough, it's now I remember that I have not sent the address. Silly me. I quickly text it to him and receive an almost immediate response.

On my way. It read. I won't lie, I was nervous and these ladies were not helping matters at all.

"Look at her, looking so gorgeous, going for a date after how many years." I shoot daggers at Tamara who just chuckles and winks at me.

"Smile, joor. Don't spoil our hard work with that frown of yours." She reprimands and I just laugh.

'Ehen... that is what we are saying." Bukky gives a toothy grin.

"If the chance comes and one thing leads to another, don't spoil it o." Bukky says. Rotten minded children. My phone's ringtone interrupts their teasing, thankfully.

"Hi." 'HI DADDY' They both mouth in the background and I just hiss. Weyreys.

"What's wrong?" He asks, probably due to the hiss sound.

"Oh. Sorry. Nothing." I respond.

"Alright. If the address you sent is right, I am outside." He speaks.

"Oh. Okay. I'll be with you shortly." I inform him.

"Eyyy" Bukky teases as she twirls her hair in her hand before sticking out her tongue and turning her backside to twerk it.

"You don't have sense. One ounce." I state, shaking my head.

"Shut up, jare." She laughs, slapping my hand.

"Ouch!" I exclaim, rubbing my exposed skin that just received her slap. She always forgets that her hand is painful.

"Enjoy your date, sweetie." After blowing group air kisses, I finally step out of the door. Tobi was positioned just by his car, leaned on it. The moment his eyes connect with mine, he starts walking towards my direction, meeting me halfway.

"Hi." He says, giving me a side hug before leading me to the car, closing it after I am settled to walk over to his own side. So, after all the effort, this man could not even compliment my look.

"You look." He states, hooked and like he is lost for words. His gaze is boring into mine, like he is short of what to say. He smiles, a swooning heart melting one before taking a deep breath.

"You look breathtaking." He finally says. If my face was any fairer and also thanks to the makeup I had on, a visible blush would have been seen right now.

"Thank you." Is the response I give.

"You don't have to say that because I am merely stating facts." He says, smiling. Finally, he starts driving and my senses kick back to normal. Why am I behaving like one mumu 100 level girl on a date with a crush from a higher level?

We arrive at Cilantro some minutes later and I waste no time in opening the door for myself. He looks disappointed when he gets to my own side but I give him a tight-lipped smile and walk pass him. He soon catches up with me and together, we go in. I feel him snake my palm in his and the surging electrical feel it evokes in me makes me struggle to get my hands off his hold but he keeps his hands firm on mine. His face looks serious and void of emotions.

"Welcome, Sir." We are received warmly by the security man who he hands some cash to. As expected, that one starts hailing him. Typical money can be thrown at anything behaviour.