Chapter 37.

FARIDA

The first day Tobi accompaniedd me to the hospital for my check up, the man was very emotional.

According to him, he could not believe his eyes, looking at screen. This man is funny!

Well, it's already been a month since we arrived Nigeria. Today is the official launch of my Shoe brand "Farlaw". Yeah, not the most creative name, I know. Even the yeye man I'm enamored with kept teasing me the day I revealed the name I had used in registering the business with the Corporate Affairs Commission.

The process has been hectic for me. Finally done with staff recruitment, a little training was organized for them within this week to test for competence and ability to thrive in a team. I did not really care about the number of years of experience a person has. If we are being honest, if that criteria keeps being a stronghold at getting jobs in this country, a lot of fresh out of school graduates will not be employed.

I believe in giving people a chance at a starting point. For now, I have a staff strength of fifteen.

With my network and that of my besties, the amount of pre-orders I had for today's launch is overwhelming. Now throw in Tobi's connect, plus that of Madam Yeni. Imagine the numbers!

I am basically having a Shoe fest today. More than 90% of the guests attending today's event are making a purchase. It's so huge! I have more than 500 guests in attendance. To curb the problem of meeting demands, the orders were grouped in batches and all clients are in the know. Dispatch commences next week.

This week has been so stressful for me. Every day, Tobi stops by to see me. He never fails to give me a foot massage. In addition, he always cooks when he is coming. He doesn't bring takeout; he cooks. This man is so sweet.

As a gift for my launch, he fastracked the purchase of my machinery and paid all the bills. According to him, I cannot have him and still be spending my money or be stressing my brains over stuff like that.

I really wanted to do it myself. We had a little argument on me wanting to finance my business and him making payments without my knowledgs, but at the end, he won. I was already tired of the argument, anyway. I knew he would not budge. So, I just caved in. He said I should take it as a gift and keep my money for expansion purposes.

Tobi has been a huge blessing to my life. Same way I have been to his. From time to time, I assisted him with some of his work stress. The stubborn man does not allow me. I force him. I won't let him doing so much for me and I, not help in areas where I have a good amount of knowledge.

Currently, I am dressing up for the event. The make-up artist just rounded up with my make-up and is now tying the gele.

Bukky and Tamara walk in, already set for tonight. Tee is pregnant too; 1 month and 3 weeks now.

"See you glowing! Shining shining." Mumu is shining her teeth. The irony. It's obviously Bukky.

"The both of you are also glowing." I respond to her and she just laughs.

"I am so proud of you, Ree." When did Emmy get in here? Tobi is now even closer to Emmy than the three of us combined. It's scary, their combo.

These days, I notice they've both been talking in codes. I have not had their time. My plan is to confront Tobi about it after today. Since when did he start hiding stuff from me?

Me that introduced him to Emmy, he's nau doing coded with him. Orishirishi. If not, I'll scatter their friendship. Don't mind me. I'm being dramatic.

"Uncle, thank you."

"Ewww...who is your Uncle?" He glares at me, attempting to pull me for a hug. I swat his hands away and cross mine on my chest.