Chapter 1:

"Speak"- Speech
'Think'- Thought
"Avada Kedavra"- Spells

"Lily, take the twins and run. Quickly. He's coming" James Potter yelled as he felt a trigger in the wards. He took out his wand from his pocket. Voldemort blasted the door. He quickly stunned James Potter and he fell unconscious. He wanted to kill him but it was a waste of magical blood. Besides, he had promised one of his Elite, Severus Snape to spare the mudblood, and it would have raised a lot of questions if Potter was dead and she was alive.

The Dark Lord stepped over Potter's body and climbed the stairs. He saw the door was locked and easily unlocked it with a lazy flick of his wand. He saw Lily Potter standing in front of two cots, blocking the children from him.

"Stand aside, girl" He said but she refused.

"Please kill me, not them" She said.

"Move and I shall spare you" He ordered. When she refused Voldemort stunned her and she slumped to the ground, unconscious. He stepped over her and saw two cribs with nameplates on them. One of these children was prophesied to kill him. He did not want that to happen.

He just had to decide which one to kill. In the first cot he saw a girl with brown eyes like her father and fiery red hair like her mother. He looked at the nameplate and it said Rosina Lillian Potter. He saw her magical core and saw it was average for a baby. He turned to the other cot and saw a boy with unruly black hair like his a father and bright green eyes, the color of the Avada Kedavra curse, his favorite curse. He looked at the nameplate and saw the boy's name Hadrian James Potter. He looked at him again and saw that the boy's green eyes where glaring at him and they shone with power even with his small age. He looked at the boy's magical core and saw that his core was extremely powerful. He might even be more powerful than Merlin when he had matured.

"You are powerful little one, the one to defeat me. I would keep you alive, but I know you're parents will never allow you to join me." He muttered more to himself. Unknown to him little Hadrian had heard and understood every single word. He was very smart for his age and had a eidetic memory. He levelled his wand to the boy's forehead and muttered the killing curse. It hit the boy on the right side of his forehead and leaving a lightning shaped scar. The curse rebounded with astonishing speed. Voldemort did not have time to move and it struck him, ripping his soul from his body. The magical backlash caused the ceiling to cave in. Hadrian was thrown back unconscious and a piece of wood hit Rosina in the cheek making a "V" shaped scar.

When Sirius Black came to the ruins he cried out as he saw the still form of his brother in all but blood. He rushed forward to James Potter frantically searching for a pulse. He was so relieved when he found a pulse that he almost cried in joy. He quickly took out his wand and cast an "Enervate" . When James stirred he immediately enveloped him a hug.

"Padfoot?" he muttered.

"Yes Prongs. Merlin I thought you were dead."

At the mention of dead James sprang to his feet and ran up the stairs shouting. "LILY HARRY ROSE." Sirius followed him. They opened the door to the nursery and saw Lily on the floor. James quickly rushed forward and took out his wand and muttered "enervate" Lily stirred and when she saw James she shouted " HARRY ROSE, ARE THEY ALRIGHT?"

James then went to the crib and picked Rosina up. Sirius went to the back and picked up his godson. He wiped the blood. Little did he know there was a scar there covered by his hair.

When Lily saw her children she started crying in relief.

The three of them along with the kids and then went the fireplace and used the floo network to go to the Headmaster's office.

When Headmaster saw them he greeted them and said. "Ah, hello James, Lily, Sirius. What can I do for you?"

James then began to explain what had happened.

Dumbledore then went forward to examine both the babies. He checked both of them and saw that Rosina was marked with a V shaped scar. He picked Rosina in his arms and turned to the three and said "I believe that Rosina is the Girl-who-lived as she has a V shaped scar and we all know that V represents Voldemort. Rosina's scar has dark magic and it proves that she survived the killing curse."

When they heard that, Lily and James were so proud that their daughter had defeated the Dark Lord.

Dumbledore sensing their emotions said "I don't believe Voldemort is dead. I believe he found a way to become partially immortal. We will have to train Rosina as soon as possible as she is the Girl-who-lived and need to defeat Voldemort."

"You should return to your manor and please be careful." Dumbledore said.

They agreed. James and Lily then went to Potter Manor with their kids. It was a manor built by James's Grandfather, Fleamont Potter. They put the kids in the crib and went to bed.

Sirius then went to one of Black's ancestral home, Grimmauld Place. Then he too went up to sleep.

Little did Lily and James know that Dumbledore had chosen the wrong child. It wasn't Rosina who survived the curse, it was in fact little Hadrian Potter and Hadrian would remember this for a long time.

Hey guys it's my first story so I hope it isn't really bad.

Words : 948  

Boredlife07 Signing off.