Chapter 50

"Hi"  - Speech
'hi'  - Thought
$Parseltongue$
#Gobbledygook#

There was tension in the air the next morning, the glares shared between Potter and Sirius were deadly and if looks could kill they both would be dead by now. Rosina Potter seemed to think that her father had already won, she sat in the center of the Gryffindor table surrounded by people and she was talking about how great her father was, it was sickening.

James Potter was a good duelist, Sirius said so himself, but Sirius was a Black and Blacks were known for their dueling skills. The Blacks were known as one of the best dueling families in the world. Some of the Blacks had turned out to be the most feared Death Eaters and the Black Family was notorious, even those who were not Death Eaters, were known for their skill and power. Sirius himself had the record for taking down the most Death Eaters, he even defeated Dumbledore, something he was very proud of. Harry heard Rosina bragging outside the Transfiguration classroom when he approached her and rolled his eyes.

"Black hasn't got a chance, he's not allowed to use dark magic and it's impossible for him to duel without it, he'll be helpless" she said and Harry scoffed.

"Potter, that has to be the most stupid thing to come out of your mouth up to date." Harry said coldly and Rosina glared at him.

"Everyone knows that the Blacks are dark." She stated and Harry nodded.

"You are correct, of course." She looked smug. "But you are forgetting one key thing." She looked confused.

"What are you talking about?" She snapped.

"My father was on the light side, remember? He was your father's partner in dueling."

She opened her mouth and closed it a few times as she had nothing to say. McGonagall opened the door and ushered them in, saving Rosina from more embarrassment. Harry walked past her with a shake of his head and took his seat, next to Draco.

"Sometimes I think there's something really wrong with her." Draco told him and Harry nodded.

"Yes, it's like she has no grip on reality." He agreed and they began their work. It was a theory listen and Harry internally groaned, it was the problem of finishing the entire curriculum early. They headed down the greenhouses after Transfiguration, where they were feeding plants and identifying the key features. Harry didn't mind as he was actually doing something instead of writing notes on something he knew like the back of a hand. Harry thanked Lady Magic that they had a free afternoon as he wanted to see his dad practice for his duel. He literally dragged Draco to the Great Hall for lunch.

"What's you rush?" Draco exclaimed.

"I want to see dad practice, it'll be fun." Harry replied and Draco raised his eyebrow.

"You don't need to pull my arm off" Draco said exasperated and Harry rolled his eyes.

"Walk faster then, blondie." Harry ran at Draco's affronted look, the other Slytherin chased him. "Now that's more like it." Harry grinned.

Draco hit him and sat down.

"You are impossible."

"Of course, I am."

They ate lunch and went straight to the marauder's pad. Sirius and Remus were locked in a heated duel and the two boys were behind wards.

"You have to be careful of what spells you use, Pads." Remus commented once they had called a halt to their practice.

"I know, Moony. I will stick to grey borderline dark, as long as they are not qualified, then I will be fine." Sirius pointed and Remus nodded.

"Good. Hey boys."