Chapter 36

"Hi" - Speech
'HI' - Thought
$Parseltongue$
#Gobbledygook#

Introducing the twins to the marauders was hilarious, they bowed to them as if they were worshipping gods, much to the hilarity of Harry and Draco, who laughed at the expressions of Sirius and Remus. Harry explained what had happened and Sirius admitted that he was impressed that hey not only found the map but gained access to it. He and Remus happily told them about the pranks they had done when they were in school and the twins told them some as well, all of them laughing at the pranks. Fred and George were star struck when they were told that they were welcomed there any time. Harry didn't know whether he should be concerned or excited that he introduced the four of them.

Harry quizzed his parents on the spells of the map, because he was going to make one of his own and add other routes, since he knew every single place in the castle. He also had an idea of linking the map to viewing and listening spells which could be put on the portraits. Once he had the list of spells, he went to his dorm to study the map. He had finished his homework and Draco was studying with Theo and Blaise, helping them with their latest Herbology assignment. He sat on his bed, with the curtains drawn and Alpha around his neck and opened the map. He was amazed, there were so many corridors and showed the people according to dots. Harry wondered what they were doing. Dumbledore seemed to be pacing in his body. Snape seemed to be brewing and his parents were walking around the corridors. He looked at the Defense Against the Dark arts room when he froze.

Quirinus Quirrell was clearly stated but nearly on top of him was a name 'Tom Marvolo Riddle'. When Quirrell moved, the name moved with him. He decided that he would research that later, as he had heard the name before. He thought about what passages he would add and what rooms he had been before in, but nobody new about them. He jotted down a few more notes for settling for sleep. Alpha hissed goodnight and curled around his neck.

Turns out he wasn't the only one who heard the name Tom Marvolo Riddle. Draco told him that Tom Riddle had received an award in 1943.

"Why did you want to know?" Draco asked.

Harry shrugged and Draco rolled his eyes,

"Well never mind that, should we go today to the 3rd floor corridor?" Draco asked and Harry's eyes lit up.

"Of course."

The pair were very nervous throughout dinner so much that Harry blanked James and Rose Potter, which, given the state of their current relationship was quite impressive. Harry and Draco went to sleep early so that they wouldn't be tired when they sneaked out to the 3rd floor corridor. Harry told Alpha to wake him up at half past eleven and when they woke up, they were alert and ready.

They both sneaked out and headed towards the 3rd floor corridor. Harry was constantly checking the map but they were lucky. No one came. They reached the door and Harry conjured a guitar. They opened the door and saw the dog there. They closed the door silently and Harry cast a Muffliato. Harry strummed his guitar. He played a soothing and beautiful tune, immediately sending the Cerberus to sleep. Harry levitated the paw and they saw a trap door, which Harry opened. Harry nodded at Draco and jumped in, with Draco following. They landed on a plant that started wrapping themselves around their limbs.

"Devils Snare." Harry said and wandlessly cast Lumos Maxima.

"Not difficult." Harry noted. They entered a room which had loads of flying keys and a broomstick. Harry just summoned the key to his hand and opened the door. He didn't even bother to use the broomstick.

They walked into a room.

"Is that a chess board?" Draco gasped and Harry nodded. When they tried to walk past the pieces they came to life and blocked the way.