Chapter 39

"Hi" - Speech
'Hi' - Thought
$Parseltongue$
#Gobbledygook#

It was a week after his discovery when Harry finally found the perfect opportunity to speak with the Dark Lord, he was going to do it on Friday, when all their lessons finished early and most of the students would be walking around the school. He wouldn't be missed too much and that was just what he needed. He was extremely nervous and couldn't sit still the entire Thursday night, thinking about what would happen the following day.

"I need you to cover for me tomorrow at lunch, and if I don't make it to dinner." Harry reminded his cousin, pacing around.

"Of course." Draco said equally nervous. His cousin was going to meet the most feared Dark Lord on his own.

"Just say I'm doing some research and have gone somewhere around the castle."

"Ok."

"And If I'm not back by midnight, tell my parents and Uncle Sev everything, and point out that they probably won't find my body." Harry pointed out.

"Don't say that." Draco hissed.

"It's the worst-case scenario." Harry pointed out.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Definitely, I refuse to pass this opportunity." It was the truth even though he felt nervous inside.

"I need to do something." Harry muttered and slipped into the shadows. Draco ran his hand through his hair with a sigh. Hadrian Black-Lupin drove him insane. Harry landed near Salazar's training room; his magic was restless. He had been keeping in tighter ever since his Godfather told him that it could be felt as soon as he entered the room. He hissed the password and stood and the platform and let his magic free, and stood in a dueling stance. Harry fired every spell he knew apart from the Unforgivables, and laughed as they flew around destroying the room.

He was glad that he could still perform as well as before, though he couldn't know how well he would do facing an opponent. He brought his magic in and headed back to the dorms, his nerves calmed down slightly. When he got back, he saw Draco asleep. He knew the blond was afraid for him even if he did not admit it. He sat down and went into a meditative trance, going to look at his memories rather than order it. When he came too, he was perfectly calm, and his mind was sharp and clear; and he was ready.

He was dressed and ready at 6:30 on Friday Morning. Alpha was around his neck, and he had the stone as well. He was surprised when Draco came not long after and sat in silence until the rest of their year mates came. At breakfast he acted normally and refused to look at the Head Table as he knew that his parents and godfather would spot the swirling emotions he had masked up. Draco was quiet, but Harry threw him a meaningful look and Draco pulled it together. They went to Potions and concentrated on his work, he refused to meet his Godfather's eye because he knew he would sense his emotions.

Draco was barely keeping it together when they walked to Defense and Harry couldn't blame him. He swore that the time they waited for the door to open was the longest minute of their lives. Harry sat in his usual place with Draco who was staring at the desk, taking a deep breath and they shared a look. The lesson was boring and seemed to go on forever. They were watching Quirrell as he stuttered through the explanation of the disarming spell, watching as the man had complete control of his act. They had to admit that they were impressed.

"Is there any chance you are wrong about this?" Draco asked his voice barely audible. Harry looked at Quirrell and for a moment he saw a flicker of red in the man's eyes and his scar burned. Harry blinked.

"I thought I was wrong before, but now, I'm sure." Harry said and Draco froze.

"What do you mean?"