Chapter 17

"hi" - Speak
'Think' Thoughts
$Parseltongue$ 
#Gobbledygook#
"Stupefy"  - Spells

A few minutes before they reached Draco and Harry went out to change into their robes. Harry wore a black robe with green and silver linings. Draco wore a similar robe. They sat and talked for a bit more time and they finally reached. They got out of the train and saw the number of 1st year students. He walked with Draco through the crowd and they saw a giant man yelling for the first years. The giant man was waving at Rosina. Harry rolled his eyes. He climbed into the boat along with Draco and they put on a blank expression. As soon as Harry saw the castle all the stress and tension he had went away.

There, was Hogwarts standing in all her power and glory. Harry saw the giant squid and patted him. Then they climbed the stairs and saw a woman. The woman was tall and stern looking. She had black hair that was tied in a bun. She introduced herself as Minerva Mcgonagall, the Deputy Headmistress, The Head of Gryffindor House and Transfiguration teacher. She led them to the Hall and Harry beamed when he saw nothing had changed. It only had more portraits, but Hogwarts still stood proud. They were told about the basics of Hogwarts. Harry was shocked when he saw Ghosts, he had never seen ghosts at Hogwarts. The were then led into the Grand Hall where they saw candles. Harry knew this was Rowena's spell work.

Harry wanted to get sorted fast. Harry nearly gaped when he saw Mcgonagall put Alister on a three-legged stool and he burst into a song. Had he really become a sorting hat? The founders had created Alister as a joke when they couldn't sort the children. Harry looked around the Hall to see the similarities and differences. Harry looked at the high table. It was almost the same but not as decorative as when the Founder's were there and the headmaster chair was still golden and throne-like. Only thing different was that there was a man sitting on the chair.

He had a long white beard, and white hair and half moon spectacles that covered his twinkling blue eyes. Harry felt his lip curl, that was Albus Dumbledore. He moved from him and saw James and Lily sitting and talking. Then he saw a short man, he could only assume this was Professor Flitwick. Next, he saw a man with a purple turban. Next he saw a short woman with grey hair and pointed chin. He then looked to the next person and got excited. That was Severus Snape, the potions Master. Next to him were two men. The first had black hair that reached down to his shoulders, he was handsome and had startling grey eyes. The man next to him had sandy blond hair and dark brown eyes. Harry knew this was his godfather, Sirius Black and uncle, Remus Lupin Black. Harry felt excited and nervous, that he forgot to see the other teachers.

Harry wasn't the only one who was watching the sorting. Severus Snape was looking at the first-year students and their sorting. He looked at his godson, whose hair was shining in the candle night and clapped when he was sorted into his house, Slytherin. Then he saw a boy who was standing next to Draco and the boy also clapped for him, he thought it was a muggle born. They reached the letter P and Snape automatically sneered, waiting for the brat to come up.

He had a surprise when he heard the name Hadrian Potter called out instead of Rosina Potter. He looked at the boy and saw it was the one who was standing next to Draco. He was a perfect pureblood heir, with his back straight and his steps measured perfectly and he sat down on the stool with such grace, that people would be jealous. He also noticed that Sirius and Remus stopped talking when the name was called. They looked at him with slight tears in their eyes and Remus let out a silent whine. Severus knew that this must have been the reason for the legendary split between Potter and Sirius.

The Potters and the Blacks had been enemies ever since Samhain. They never spoke and if they did it was very short. Snape remembered the screaming match that happened in the entrance hall when the adult Potters had been appointed. Black called Potter the lowest piece of scum in the whole planet and that he would rather apologize to his mother rather than be his friend again. Given the well-known hatred between the Late Walburga Black and the current Lord Black, it was a shock. He became Lord Sirius Orion Black and offered his sincere apologies to Snape, explaining his behavior at school.