Chapter 37

"Hi" - Speech
"Hi" - ThOuGhT
$Parseltongue$
#Gobbledygook#

"What are we going to do about it? I mean we both have enough gold and we don't have to worry about living long." Draco whispered to Harry as they made their way to herbology.

"I'm thinking we should find who was after it in the first place and go from there." Harry shrugged.

"True it's who wanted it." Draco pointed out. Harry didn't answer as they had reached their class. They were learning the correct way to pick aconite. Harry didn't pay attention as he already knew it. He was thinking about who would want the stone, then snorted to himself; who wouldn't.

"We'll work out on who's after it. It's not like it's going anywhere." He would be alerted if anyone even brushed past the place, he kept the stone in.

They had no luck discovering who was after the stone and it went out of Harry's mind when the next quidditch match came. He had begun drawing a map of his own. He had also done research on the name 'riddle'. He asked the Goblin's and they happily sent him all the things they could find on the name 'Riddle.' Turns out the Riddle family was a long line of Unblessed that were descendants of Morgana Le Fay. Tom riddle went to Hogwarts in 1938 and was a top student. He had received an award and was a Prefect and Head Boy. They said he was the smartest person to ever walk in the halls.

Then during the '50s Riddle was of the radar. He must have changed his name because there was no trace of 'tom Marvolo Riddle' until Harry saw him on the map. And the map never lies. It frustrated Harry that he was not able to find much more about the name, but he pushed it at the back of his mind at the thought of the game. Flint was pushing them to the limits, and the team was training almost every night.

"If you're going to complain think about winning the House Cup. Gryffindor are tied with us." He roared and everyone shut up. Even though the Slytherin had defeated Gryffindor, the Lions had won the other games with a lot of points, so they were tied with Slytherin at the top.

Harry and Draco had set in motion the plan to 'humiliate Potter.' First it started with small things. They changed the color of his shoes and then the pranks got bigger every day. Harry changed his robes pink. Potter was getting annoyed every day, but Harry put a potion in his drank that would help them in a prank using a trigger word. The Snakes were layering up the spells and Harry set the trigger word as 'Rosie.' So, when Harry slipped the activation potion to Potter every time he said 'Rosie' or it was said near him, the prank would activate. It was a genius potion he found in Sal's potion book and he immediately made it. Draco sat down with a nod, signaling that the activation potion had been administered and Harry smirked evilly.

"Let the fun begin." He muttered. Unfortunately for them, they didn't see Potter until dinner, but when they did it was worth the wait. He sat dawn next to Lily and began talking and after two minutes he changed. Harry coughed to cover his laugh and Draco ducked his head. James Potter had green skin, orange hair, pink robes, blue shoes, yellow eyes and a clown nose. The hall erupted in laughter and James looked down in alarm. He waved his wand and got rid of it with a laugh and continued his conversation. Again, he changed causing the hall to laugh again. When it happened for the 5th time, Harry looked away from the table, and Draco was staring at his plate, but his cheeks were pink from trying not to laugh. By the 7th time, they were clutching their sides and trying to breathe.

"How long does this last?" Draco gasped.

"I'm not sure, I think it needs a counter." Harry said and they started laughing again.

"Oh Merlin, this is going to be hilarious."

Harry nodded in agreement.

"C'mon let's go see father and dad. It's been some time."

When they reached, the quarters they saw Remus and Sirius in fits of laughter.

"What's so funny?" Harry asked, grinning.

"Potter stormed out of the hall." Sirius told them and they hi 5'd. "It was you?"

"They left before James and yet it kept happening." Remus pointed out, but Harry and Draco grinned.

"It might have something to do with Rosie." Harry told them emphasizing of 'Rosie'

"Yes, he does often speak about Rosie." Draco added, with a grin. Both the marauder's raised their eyebrows and Harry explained.

"If someone were to mention Rosie near Potter, something unfortunate would happen." He said and Remus' eyes widened before he started laughing.

"Word activation prank." He told Sirius through laughs. Sirius gaped and roared in laughter.

"How long does it last pup?"

Harry grinned evilly.

"It needs a counter."

And they all laughed yet again.

The prank on James Potter lasted up to March before Dumbledore asked Professor Snape to find and brew a counter potion. Harry, Sirius, Remus and Draco spent loads of times laughing. They had taken to walking past Potter and saying something about 'Rosie' and he changed. It took a lot of self-control to not yell the word out in the Great Hall and they were amazed that Potter didn't seem to connect what caused it. Potter was like a walking storm cloud, especially when he found out he had to rely on Snape for the cure. The Potions master had come into the common room and stood in front of Harry with a raised eyebrow before the boy caved in and fetched the potion that would deactivate the prank. Draco did point out that it was a job well done and Sirius told them that it made the top ten pranks of all time, which was a bonus. The twins came to them, patted them on the back and walked away. They seemed to have no words to describe their awe.

Harry was still working on his edited version of the map. He started drawing it up, which was extremely difficult. There was just so many things to remember. Drawing Hogwarts on the map was much more difficult than he anticipated and he admired his parents for actually taking time to draw the entire map. On top of that, he was still trying to figure out who was after the stone, yet he did not come up with anything. It frustrated him that he could not find out who was after it. He sat in the Defense room with the other students where Quirrell was stuttering. Harry checked the map and his head shot up when he saw the name 'Tom Marvolo Riddle' on top of Quirrell as usual. He narrowed his eyes and wandlessly cast a spell to see if there was any presence hidden behind Quirrell.

When he didn't find any, he frowned and checked the map again, yet the name was still there. He put the map in his pocket and thought 'What in the world is going on?'. He knew that map was working fine, as he asked his dad to check it and it clearly stated that Tom Riddle was in the room. He silently left the room when the class was over and trying to work out the puzzle, while rubbing his scar which was burning slightly. Rosina pushed past him and he froze as everything clicked into place. Tom Riddle had disappeared in the late '50s just as the whisperings of the Dark Lord Voldemort began. A genius and model student, Tom Riddle was connected to the Dark Lord, but how? Then it came to him, Voldemort couldn't be a real name. It emerged in the early '60s where it was feared, but Voldemort had disappeared during Samhain in '81 when the killing curse backfired and now the Philosopher's Stone which produces the elixir of life was hidden here and the Dark Lord was famous for possessing people; Harry had done his research. 

Words: 1373

Hey guys I hope you like it. I'll upload on Monday now. Bye!

Boredlife07 Signing off.