2 .

" Ight so when we get in hea, just write down important shit you hear. Ight? ", Deion instructed me looking up from his phone.

He asked me to call him by Deion because he didn't want me to call him Mr. Banks. He told me it was too professional and he preferred if I called him by his first name. I didn't know why but I just went with it. It doesn't matter to me either way.

I nodded. He started texting on his phone again, " Use ya words. Stop nodding at me. " I stared at him, it was hard for my words to come out for a second. " Uh, yes- yes. ", I gulped.

He went back to his phone and I just sat there looking at the notebook and pen he got me. The cover of the notebook had my name ingraved on it and the pen was pink, my favorite color.

I ran my finger over my name. I hope I write down the right things, I don't know what he considers to be important and not important. Maybe I should right down everything...

We eventually pull up to the building and he shakes up the driver while I start getting out. I set my stuff on the top of the car and pull my skirt down. Hopefully with my first check, I can use a little bit of the money to get me more clothes. Deion dresses more relaxed. He doesn't really wear business suits to be a business man.

I grab my stuff and Deion's standing by the door waiting for me, " Come on yo. " I fast walk up the stairs and up to him and he opens the door for me. Every time he instructs me to do something I get scared into doing it. He makes me nervous, his tone and his body language is intimidating.

We walk in and start walking to the doors of a glass meeting room. I've never been on this side of town so I really didn't expect the inside of the building to look like this. This place reminds me of his office building, just without all the people.

" Doom! ", we hear a voice yell behind us. Deion turns around and walks up to them. They shake up and start talking and laughing.

I don't know if I'm supposed to follow him or not... I pull out my phone and just wait for him.

I groan. " These heels are killing me. ", I whisper to myself. I start walking up to a guy who was standing in front of the meeting doors. He was dressed in all black with his arms folded across his chest and a gun on the side of his pants. Everybody just looks so mean.

I walk up to him. " Excuse me. ", I tell him politely. He holds his hand out in front of me, " ST identification card? " I make a confused face at him, " What? I don't have one of those. I'm just here for the meeting- "

The guy shrugged, " You can't go in then. I need to see a identification card. " He eyed me and I rolled my eyes and walked away from the doors. I sat down and twisted my foot around. " Why do I need some identification card to go in a meeting room? ", I mumbled to myself.

Deion walks up to me, " What's wrong with you yo? " I look up at him while he's looking down at me. " My feet hurt from these heels. ", I complain. He looked at his gold watch. " Take em off or sum, the meeting finna start. ", he rushed.

I took the heels off and he grabbed them off the floor and started walking to the meeting door. As I grabbed my stuff Deion and the door man were talking and looking at me. I walked up to the door and walked in with Deion. I stuck my tongue out at him as he closed the doors.

He could've just let me in earlier.

Deion dropped my heels by a chair and pulled it out for me. I sat down and he grabbed a tray from the table.

There was money, weed, and guns all spread on the table. This reminded me of the stuff my brother was into and he's in jail right now because of it.