9 .

" He's lucky. If the cut would have been a few inches deeper, it could have hit an important organ... he's very lucky to be alive. ", the doctor shared looking at Deion's chart. " He did just get out of surgery so if you guys want to visit you can, one at a time though please. "

Trell and Boogie looked back at me then at each other.

" Kaycee you wanna go first? ", Trell asked sitting down next to me. I shook my head and kept drawing in my notebook.

I wanna be here for Deion but I feel like this whole thing is my fault. I shouldn't have let him go by hisself.

" I'll go. ", Boogie spoke up. The doctor nodded and leads him to Deion's room. Trell grabs my hand causing me to stop drawing. I look up at him. I tried to read his face but I couldn't tell how he was feeling. It was almost like he looked unfazed and sad at the same time.

" You okay? "

I nodded and stripped my hand from his, I wanted to keep drawing. I didn't want nor feel like talking, I just wanted to be alone.

Trell sighs and gets up walking out of the waiting room. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. We've been here since last night. Staying overnight in a hospital brought me back to the times I stayed for my mom.

" Where everybody? ", Roddy questions walking up to me. He had went and got breakfast for everybody. He handed me an orange juice and a cinnamon roll, " I know you said you didn't want anything but Deion told me a while ago, that's what you always get from there. "

I gave him a tight lipped smile, " Thank you. "

He set all the food down on the table and took a seat. He grabbed his food and started eating.

He sipped his orange juice and looked over at me" He out of surgery? " I nodded, " Yeah. You can see him if you want to. " He put his drink down, " Have you seen him yet..? "

" No. "

Trell and Boogie walked back around the corner and sat down. They start looking through the bags for their food.

" How is he? ", Roddy asked Trell and Boogie. Trell looked at Boogie to answer. " He coo. He ain't awake yet so we ain't get to talk to him. "

I sighed and put my food back in the bag. I was tired and I didn't really want to eat. I lay across the couch and cover up in a blanket and closed my eyes. I feel so bad for Deion, he's always trying to look out for everybody else and this time it got him hurt.

•••

I jump out my sleep as I hear my phone start to ring on the table beside me. I groan grabbing it. I sit up and read the name and it was Deion.

I answer but don't say anything.

" Can you come in the room? I wanna talk to you. ", he mumbled. I could tell it hurt for him to talk by his voice. " Yeah. ", I agreed. He hung up and I rubbed my eyes.

I didn't really wanna go in there but I didn't want it to seem like I'm trying to not be there for him, I just feel guilty.

I make my way to the room and push the door open slowly. I see everybody sitting there talking and Deion laying in the bed. I walk in and everybody looks at me.

" Can y'all give us a minute? ", Deion let out sitting up. Everybody nodded and started getting up. I sat on the chair next to Deion's bed and Roddy closed the door.

" Why you ain't come see me? ", he started. I looked down at my fingers and shrugged. " That ain't an answer Kaycee... Ima tell you what I think the reason is and you tell me if I'm right... Ight? " I nodded.